Who gets the Wednesday start at Hoover?

Feb 23, 2008
1,708
0
0
I’m certain it won’t be him but I still think the tall Canadian has a say in how

this season ends. Maybe it’s blind hope from rooting for him so hard or just knowing how good he can be if he puts it together but imagine this team if he does. Completely and undeniably unstoppable.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,355
113
I’m not sure who is starting tomorrow... Harding or fristoe I’m guessing. I’d start whoever does not start tomorrow. I don’t want to go 0-2 in the sec tournament but I also don’t care enough to mess up the rotation.
 

DAWGS1.sixpack

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2007
2,503
2
0
I go the same Fri, Sat rotation and then see what that gets us.
Hopefully two wins and a day off and then Saturday with Fristoe or Harding.
Sunday all hands on deck.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,355
113
I would bet that Cerantola gets a chance to pitch some meaningful innings at Hoover

I’d be fine with that. Given we basically have the entire bullpen available tomorrow, if I’m lemonis, I might throw cerantola out there tomorrow.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,224
14,732
113
Even with a born again Cerantola, Arky has undeniably proven they can whip our ***. We need to prove that was a blue moon weekend before I'm calling us remotely unstoppable.

Nice recovery this weekend though.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
It won’t be MacLeod, I feel extremely confident about that. Just completely goes against Lemonis’s philosophy about Hoover for this team.

Really depends on how Harding and/or Fristoe are used tomorrow. If one or the other doesn’t pitch tomorrow then you probably have your answer.

If it were me personally, I would start Harding tomorrow and start Fristoe in Game 1 in Hoover.
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
Really, who cares about Hoover? We need to be in and out of there as fast as possible. Tomorrow is a bigger game than Hoover.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
Really, who cares about Hoover? We need to be in and out of there as fast as possible. Tomorrow is a bigger game than Hoover.

I’d like to win one and stick around until Friday at least. That would allow MacLeod and Bednar to have low stress starts on normal rest and make sure they’re not rusty for the Regional.
 

ZombieKissinger

All-American
May 29, 2013
5,543
9,594
113
They lost a pitcher tonight with a lot of starts, even though his ERA isn’t the best. Makes them much more vulnerable I think
 

Cousin Jeffrey

Redshirt
Feb 20, 2011
767
47
18
We could still be the #5 seed and have to play on Tuesday.

A State loss, Ole Miss win, and Tennessee loss tomorrow makes a three-way tie for third, with all three at 19-11. We would fall to #5 in that scenario due to both of them getting a win over Arkansas. Then Ole Miss would be #3 with their two wins over Vandy.
 

mdm3045

Freshman
Dec 8, 2018
493
74
28
He could also go with Brandon Smith. If he doesn’t pitch today, he will have only pitched 12 pitches this weekend.
 

msudawg12

Senior
Dec 9, 2008
3,963
713
113
We could still be the #5 seed and have to play on Tuesday.

A State loss, Ole Miss win, and Tennessee loss tomorrow makes a three-way tie for third, with all three at 19-11. We would fall to #5 in that scenario due to both of them getting a win over Arkansas. Then Ole Miss would be #3 with their two wins over Vandy.

Yep. Truly a scary scenario where our head to head wins v OM dont count anymore.... Gotta win today
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
I’d like to win one and stick around until Friday at least. That would allow MacLeod and Bednar to have low stress starts on normal rest and make sure they’re not rusty for the Regional.

Not me. They'll still get their normal bullpen work. We had our chance to play for the SEC championship and blew it. Time to focus on the regional.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window
  5. 05 Maroon and White Fluff Bothwell finds a way in impact performance for Mississippi State