Who are we rooting against today

Knightmoves

Heisman
Jul 31, 2001
30,803
16,865
113
Not accusing Davidson of tanking but that loss gets the A10 an extra spot in the tournament.

A10 conference officials are smiling on their way to the bank.
 

goru7

All-American
Dec 12, 2005
6,453
7,752
113
Dave Gavitt said yesterday that all but 6 teams were already selected. Gotta feel based on Lunardi and other top bracketologists we were safely in as an 11 seed. They said they would scrub and do another look today . I think Texas A&M got in yesterday and knocked out Xavier , Wake. Smu losing knocked them out. So really only one left Davidson and if they lose , they knock out last 1 in , which is not Rutgers. I have booked hotels in Pittsburgh , Buffalo and Greenville ,South Carolina. Jump aboard and have a nice bourbon in your hand during the selection show.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RC71 and Danprusa_4

Tango Two

Heisman
Aug 21, 2001
59,663
38,002
78
Richmond upsets Davidson to win the Atlantic 10. The Spiders are bid stealers three hours before the selection show. That is a brutal result for Rutgers, which is right on the edge of the bubble. This does not knock the Scarlet Knights out necessarily, but this is a really bad development for them. -- Fonseca
 

wheezer

Heisman
Jun 3, 2001
169,958
25,700
113
Davison should have gone to the basket with 19 seconds left
Make the shot or get fouled
 
  • Like
Reactions: RC71

ru66

All-American
Jul 28, 2001
12,175
6,257
0
At one time RU was rumored to want to hire both these coaches
 

Knights 1212

All-American
Sep 9, 2003
27,562
8,520
113
Davidson gave the game away in the last 90 seconds. The guy who hit four threes I don't think had a shot in the last 8 minutes or so. They kept settling for threes instead of taking it to the basket and three times they fouled a guy while making a two. One guy the announcer said was a great shooter from three and he was like 1-9 on field goals today. He didn't play well at all but the last shot that Richmond made and made a foul shot should never have happened. I sure hope the Spiders win doesn't knock us out. I don't care if we have to go into a play in game but I just want to see Rutgers name called. Richmond was only 6th in the A-10 and they go to the dance.
 

DHajekRC84

Heisman
Aug 9, 2001
30,708
19,816
0
Davidson gave the game away in the last 90 seconds. The guy who hit four threes I don't think had a shot in the last 8 minutes or so. They kept settling for threes instead of taking it to the basket and three times they fouled a guy while making a two. One guy the announcer said was a great shooter from three and he was like 1-9 on field goals today. He didn't play well at all but the last shot that Richmond made and made a foul shot should never have happened. I sure hope the Spiders win doesn't knock us out. I don't care if we have to go into a play in game but I just want to see Rutgers name called. Richmond was only 6th in the A-10 and they go to the dance.
Another bull crap official call. The spider player CLEARLY threw an elbow into the defender And they called a foul on the defender (from behind of course). Gave em 3 points.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rutgers56_rivals

ColonelRutgers

All-American
Dec 15, 2003
7,119
9,333
113
So nobody has ever taken one for the team?
Yeah. A bunch of players and coaches conspired to throw a game and not try to win so the member schools get a bigger NCAA tournament payout. Yeah, that’s really logical. Again, one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard.
 
Feb 5, 2003
10,988
9,403
113
Maybe someone from the league tells a ref, "you know, So and so winning today wouldn't be a bad thing, wink wink." Whistle leans one way, there you go. It doesn't have to be a player letting it go.
The Richmond player CLEARLY threw am elbow on the game tying bucket today, and the free throw gave them the win. If that is called on Richmond, Davidson wins. Is it likely to be fixed? No. It is possible a league preferred an outcome and pushed behind the scenes for it to happen? Of course.
 

SkilletHead2

All-American
Sep 30, 2005
24,470
9,332
113
Yes I voted yes
Hey zap,

Have you done this before (college touring for kids)? I went to a million of them with my three kids (who had non-overlapping ideas of where they wanted to go). I enjoyed them. And I think they are pretty beneficial at helping kids make a decision, especially in eliminating schools.

In the talk they give before the tour, they often say, "We accept kids with low SATs at times and turn down kids with perfect scores." I went up to the guy at the University of Chicago (my grad school alma mater) and said, "Tell me about the kid with the perfect scores who you turned down." His reply: "Actually, it's just part of the talk; I doubt that we've actually ever done that."

Have fun. Get a t-shirt or a coffee mug. (I have a collection of 100 university coffee mugs.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: RU205

leftoright

All-American
Jun 2, 2017
10,283
5,823
113
Sorta like electoral college v popular vote. How many tiny conference champs would RU chew up. But Electoral votes are in the Constitution.
 

tom1944

All-American
Feb 22, 2008
6,605
6,980
113
Hey zap,

Have you done this before (college touring for kids)? I went to a million of them with my three kids (who had non-overlapping ideas of where they wanted to go). I enjoyed them. And I think they are pretty beneficial at helping kids make a decision, especially in eliminating schools.

In the talk they give before the tour, they often say, "We accept kids with low SATs at times and turn down kids with perfect scores." I went up to the guy at the University of Chicago (my grad school alma mater) and said, "Tell me about the kid with the perfect scores who you turned down." His reply: "Actually, it's just part of the talk; I doubt that we've actually ever done that."

Have fun. Get a t-shirt or a coffee mug. (I have a collection of 100 university coffee mugs.)
Taking college trips and tours with my daughter was great time

The one rule is she could not have head phones in while we drove. She had to talk to dad.

She remembers those trips positively also.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SkilletHead2

RU206

All-American
Jan 23, 2015
5,249
5,344
113
Sorta like electoral college v popular vote. How many tiny conference champs would RU chew up. But Electoral votes are in the Constitution.
Actually, RU only had to chew up 1 small school back in November, Lafayette, and we wouldn’t be having this discussion.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
  2. 02 The Knight Report Football Behind Enemy Lines: An inside look at the Indiana Hoosiers
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Wednesday Injury Report: Latest Updates ahead of the Indiana game
  4. 04 The Knight Report Which Rutgers Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
  5. 05 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big Ten football team after Week 4