When did we last hire an OC?

Capt Croom

Redshirt
Sep 18, 2022
39
48
18
All the coaches we’ve had in my memory where offensive coaches. When was the last time we where in the hunt for a OC? I admit, I’m only 26 but I can’t remember the last time we hired an OC.
 

mo7888

Senior
Oct 18, 2017
608
504
93
All the coaches we’ve had in my memory where offensive coaches. When was the last time we where in the hunt for a OC? I admit, I’m only 26 but I can’t remember the last time we hired an OC.











I think your user name points to the last time we hired one..
 

Perd Hapley

All-American
Sep 30, 2022
6,577
7,922
113
Great question. The answer is probably Morris Watts, Sherrill’s last OC in 2003. Technically you could say Woody McCorvey, but everyone knows he was just a puppet for Croom. Mullen, Moorhead, and Leach all called their own plays and ran the offense, regardless of who had the title of OC.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list