What Is Your Political Type?

What Would Jesus Do?

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2010
35,738
4,992
113
Here are my results. I have no allegiance to the Dem party, but otherwise they pegged me about right.

Your best fit​


Loyal Liberals​


Highly educated and relatively economically secure, they have broadly progressive political values across most issues and a deep allegiance to the Democratic Party. They strongly support the U.S.'s traditional diplomatic alliances and social safety net programs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BelemNole

What Would Jesus Do?

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2010
35,738
4,992
113
This is the quiz I was thinking about when I first thought of starting this thread.


1791472054331.png


IIRC, I've gotten a little more Right-leaning and a little more Libertarian since the last time I took this quiz.
 
Last edited:

Gibbs6

Sophomore
Sep 25, 2026
198
105
17
I’m curious how they come up with the explanation for these. The loyal liberals are apparently highly educated yet there was never even a question about education. 😂
 

FLaw47

All-American
Dec 23, 2010
3,902
5,503
113
I’m curious how they come up with the explanation for these. The loyal liberals are apparently highly educated yet there was never even a question about education. 😂

I think the "highly educated" is more of correlational observation. The lefty friends I have that don't have college degrees have some pretty different views than I do.
 

tigres88

All-American
Aug 7, 2022
3,427
8,819
113
I think the "highly educated" is more of correlational observation. The lefty friends I have that don't have college degrees have some pretty different views than I do.
Horseshoe theory- I bet the farther left you get the less educated you are, similar to maga/extreme right.
 

FLaw47

All-American
Dec 23, 2010
3,902
5,503
113
Horseshoe theory- I bet the farther left you get the less educated you are, similar to maga/extreme right.

While I don't think Horseshoe theory is entirely without merit, This doesn't match what I've seen in my friend group, at least. All of the socialist/socialist adjacent people I know have at least a bachelors and about half have MDs. It's a small sample size, don't get me wrong.

One of the biggest dividers I see in how people look at the world is "people who have to interact professionally/socially with people they disagree with" and "people who don't/never really have to convince anyone of anything".
 

tigres88

All-American
Aug 7, 2022
3,427
8,819
113
While I don't think Horseshoe theory is entirely without merit, This doesn't match what I've seen in my friend group, at least. All of the socialist/socialist adjacent people I know have at least a bachelors and about half have MDs. It's a small sample size, don't get me wrong.
Fair- I have a Masters as well, and the higher I got in education/was exposed to a myriad of views, the less I saw things in black and white. The more extreme you get, the more rigid you get all around imo with less ability to ascertain nuance.

There are certainly those in Academia and have higher ed degrees that are as far left as they come; but most of my friends with higher ed degrees tend to be open minded and not extremists. Obviously alot of this is anecdotal.

Edit to say- I agree with your second paragraph heavy. Alot of what determines views is interaction with others of differing viewpoints in the day to day. Perhaps my view of extreme leftists is that they are often as isolated in their bubbles and virtue signal as heavily as the extreme right/maga.
 

Attachments

  • 1791477450957.png
    1791477450957.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 1

FLaw47

All-American
Dec 23, 2010
3,902
5,503
113
Fair- I have a Masters as well, and the higher I got in education/was exposed to a myriad of views, the less I saw things in black and white. The more extreme you get, the more rigid you get all around imo with less ability to ascertain nuance.

There are certainly those in Academia and have higher ed degrees that are as far left as they come; but most of my friends with higher ed degrees tend to be open minded and not extremists. Obviously alot of this is anecdotal.

Edit to say- I agree with your second paragraph heavy. Alot of what determines views is interaction with others of differing viewpoints in the day to day. Perhaps my view of extreme leftists is that they are often as isolated in their bubbles and virtue signal as heavily as the extreme right/maga.

To be fair, I live in SC and my exposure to non-highly-educated people is exclusive to people living in SC. The people I know in other parts of the country that I'd describe as "left leaning bubbles" are all college educated at a minimum, so there's some selection bias. I imagine the the non-highly-educated in Portland, Oregon (for example) are much more socialist than here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tigres88

tigres88

All-American
Aug 7, 2022
3,427
8,819
113
To be fair, I live in SC and my exposure to non-highly-educated people is exclusive to people living in SC. The people I know in other parts of the country that I'd describe as "left leaning bubbles" are all college educated at a minimum, so there's some selection bias. I imagine the the non-highly-educated in Portland, Oregon (for example) are much more socialist than here.
Yes. lol
 

Moogy

All-American
Jul 28, 2017
7,751
5,487
113
This is the quiz I was thinking about when I first thought of starting this thread.


View attachment 1474356


IIRC, I've gotten a little more Right-leaning and a little more Libertarian since the last time I took this quiz.

​

These things are pretty silly ... they're just so limited in what they can process and convey ... the political compass one paints me as too far left, economically ... still moderate, overall

Your Political Compass​

Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51​


And the other one, which is complete and total trash, puts me in "Unconventional Right" ... but many of the questions seemed like they were constructed by a young, naive sociology student, and not someone with any knowledge of geopolitics/economics.
 

Moogy

All-American
Jul 28, 2017
7,751
5,487
113
Fair- I have a Masters as well, and the higher I got in education/was exposed to a myriad of views, the less I saw things in black and white. The more extreme you get, the more rigid you get all around imo with less ability to ascertain nuance.

There are certainly those in Academia and have higher ed degrees that are as far left as they come; but most of my friends with higher ed degrees tend to be open minded and not extremists. Obviously alot of this is anecdotal.

Edit to say- I agree with your second paragraph heavy. Alot of what determines views is interaction with others of differing viewpoints in the day to day. Perhaps my view of extreme leftists is that they are often as isolated in their bubbles and virtue signal as heavily as the extreme right/maga.

Jeez ... just imagine how insane your views on boomers must have been before you became more "nuanced" (your favorite term to abuse) ... I mean, right now, you blame anything and everything bad on the whole of the boomer generation and want them to be immediately removed from any power/influence and just die. How were your views less nuanced than THAT before your education at the seminary?

Did you switch from demanding waterboarding, drawing and quartering, iron maidens, crucifixions and other public murders for all boomers to just quick and painless executions?
 

JohnHughsPartner

All-American
Nov 19, 2016
7,753
9,963
113
Jeez ... just imagine how insane your views on boomers must have been before you became more "nuanced" (your favorite term to abuse) ... I mean, right now, you blame anything and everything bad on the whole of the boomer generation and want them to be immediately removed from any power/influence and just die. How were your views less nuanced than THAT before your education at the seminary?

Did you switch from demanding waterboarding, drawing and quartering, iron maidens, crucifixions and other public murders for all boomers to just quick and painless executions?
You seem pretty upset that Pedo Middle-Left wasn’t an option
 

Moogy

All-American
Jul 28, 2017
7,751
5,487
113
As a test, in the "typology" quiz I changed one answer, and ticked up/down the "degree" of agreeance on a couple others, and that was enough to shift me from "Unconventional Right" to "Loyal Liberal." So silly.
 
Tiger Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Linebacker
  2. 02 Tiger Illustrated Football THURSDAY UPDATE: Early surprise player, Our scoop on Clemson - ACC dispute on officiating calls vs. Miami, Positive development on defense
  3. 03 On3 Football SEC considering restoration of transfer portal policy
  4. 04 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Thursday Clemson Football Recruiting Nuggets
  5. 05 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Defensive Tackle