On the exercise bike so I pulled up the 98 Elite Eight game against Duke to watch the last 12 minutes. At the end seeing Mr. Wildcat out at center court with the look of pure joy was awesome. That man loved UK basketball like no other!I will say a constant figure that I miss on the sideline is Bill Keightley.
And, as stated earlier, palming the ball.When refs actually called traveling.
I won't lie. They were strange times
Dad told me the story about when we beat Georgia at a "home" game in the old Louisville Guard Armory building. we won 143-66, our largest margin of victory ever. (1956)Smoking at games.
I don't miss it myself but I remember adults doing it when I was a child.
I did not mean that I supported smoking.Dad told me the story about when we beat Georgia at a "home" game in the old Louisville Guard Armory building. we won 143-66, our largest margin of victory ever. (1956)
He said in the second half, the Georgia coach simply stopped coaching, sat on the bench and started smoking a cigar during the loss.
CLASSIC !
I agree. I am SO GLAD I stopped smoking 23 years ago. It was not good for the health of anyone back in those days. I remember those smoke filled gyms. YUCK. Hard to imagine now. And for the better !I did not mean that I supported smoking.
It was just so strange that there was an athletic competition with all that smoke.
I saw it for myself in the early '70s.
KSR
Kentucky inexplicably dropped out of the AP Poll. This is why voters should feel bad about themselves.
KSR Football
'Cold-Blooded' Kenny Minchey leads Kentucky to another massive SEC road win
KSR Volleyball
No. 3 Kentucky VB drowns in The Swamp, loses 3-2 to No. 7 Florida
KSR Football
Henry Boyer has been a clutch touchdown machine for Kentucky
KSR Football
Kentucky may become nationally relevant because of Will Stein, but he says Wildcats win the games