1) That the QB competition is truly wide open. One bad "practice" when he is running for his life the whole time does not make it absolute that Rogers will not be the guy but there are guys coming. One just has to trust Leach will get the best guy on the field.
2) The OLine can't handle our Dline... in a spring game. Which does not mean nothing but doesn't mean everything either. Getting down to the best five guys will change things, how much? That's to yet to be seen. It better be better than last year or it could be another long season.
3) The "practice" was sloppy and was probably one of the worst of the year. Not a good look but can be used. There was another practice after it already. I would bet that one went differently.
4) Dillon Johnson is stud... if I wasn't aware of it, I am now. Marks is not far behind and may even do some things better. Nice one two punch at RB. I knew this, but they are better than I remembered.
5) I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about this offense but I do believe this defense can be good. I knew that but a few names popped up that reminded me of some guys.
There is real reason people don't like Leach's offense. It's damn hard to pull off and depends on so much going right. Players have to be able to think for themselves on the field without hesitation and with anticipation and not just run a called play. Leach has a system that teaches it effectively but it does not happen overnight, usually year two you see dramatic improvement.
We saw evidence of it getting better as the year went along last year. I fully believe it will be even better this coming fall despite what I saw Saturday. I will take that with an improved defense, especially in the secondary and we could have a good year.
That's my takes...