What a horrible Birthday

Trojanbulldog19

All-American
Aug 25, 2014
10,133
5,914
113
I feel ya padres go knocked out last week. And the two least favorite teams in all of baseball are in the World Series. All my football teams are terrible too.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
Also, go Dodgers!

los angeles dodgers baseball GIF
 

dog12

Senior
Sep 15, 2016
1,950
592
113
Also, go Dodgers!

los angeles dodgers baseball GIF
Kirk Gibson . . . what a big-time HR. First game of the '88 World Series, both legs injured, hobbled up to the batter's box, two outs, bottom of the ninth, down one run, facing Dennis Eckersley (HOF closer), count quickly went to 0-2, battled back to take the count to 3-2, then . . . BOOM! Clutch 2-run HR to win the game.

I remember watching Gibson's HR on the TV at CS's in Jackson, beer in hand.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
Kirk Gibson . . . what a big-time HR. First game of the '88 World Series, both legs injured, hobbled up to the batter's box, two outs, bottom of the ninth, down one run, facing Dennis Eckersley (HOF closer), count quickly went to 0-2, battled back to take the count to 3-2, then . . . BOOM! Clutch 2-run HR to win the game.

I remember watching Gibson's HR on the TV at CS's in Jackson, beer in hand.
I was 8 and that was the moment I fell in love with baseball and I've been a Dodgers fan ever since.
 

Darryl Steight

All-American
Sep 30, 2022
4,693
7,901
113
Kirk Gibson . . . what a big-time HR. First game of the '88 World Series, both legs injured, hobbled up to the batter's box, two outs, bottom of the ninth, down one run, facing Dennis Eckersley (HOF closer), count quickly went to 0-2, battled back to take the count to 3-2, then . . . BOOM! Clutch 2-run HR to win the game.

I remember watching Gibson's HR on the TV at CS's in Jackson, beer in hand.
You're kidding. I was at CS's too. That was a fun night.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dog12

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,454
27,292
113
Kirk Gibson . . . what a big-time HR. First game of the '88 World Series, both legs injured, hobbled up to the batter's box, two outs, bottom of the ninth, down one run, facing Dennis Eckersley (HOF closer), count quickly went to 0-2, battled back to take the count to 3-2, then . . . BOOM! Clutch 2-run HR to win the game.

I remember watching Gibson's HR on the TV at CS's in Jackson, beer in hand.
According to Tommy Lasorda, the HR hit by Scioscia in the 88 NLCS to beat the Mets was more consequential than the Gibson HR. We just remember that because of the visual of him limping around the bases (which he later admitted he exaggerated for the moment).
 
  • Like
Reactions: dog12

msudawg200

Junior
Feb 1, 2012
567
322
63
Last night was the first game I watched Rodgers this season. He sucks.
He definitely doesn’t have the mobility back, and it’s affecting him in and out of the pocket. Also doesn’t seem sharp with his throws in general, though that could be argued as rust.
 

TNDawg1

All-American
Oct 21, 2023
9,250
7,167
113
That’s been my Fall so far. State fan first, then Titans, plus teams I root for situationally are all crapoing the bed except for UK, Ark, and Vandy those one off times. I’m like a combined 5 for my last 40. Lots of nature walks.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four