Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread.

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,673
12,185
113
Happy Friday SPSers. Anyone else feel like it’s not a game weekend? I actually almost made plans for tomorrow night that would have put me away from a TV. Oh well.

I’m trying my first whole brisket on the Rec Tec al natural baby. No wrap so we’ll see how long it takes. I’m doing it at 225 and it’s rubbed with a mix of Killer Hogs AP rub and Montreal Steak seasoning. For the drinking I’ll be going with the ol standby of Larceny. She’s been 1-4 this year but that 1 LSU win was fun. You member? I member. Well I hope you all have a great weekend full of smoke, fire, meat, and alcohol!
View attachment 18920
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
Unless I go to the store, Evan Williams and microwaved hot dogs in a tortilla.
 

RiverCityDawg

All-American
Dec 30, 2009
3,200
5,007
113
Started my weekend last night with a bunch of guys at my buddy's house... This guy is an attorney who doesn't like bourbon but likes having high profile bourbon to share with guests... The perfect friend! I sampled this year's Pappy 15yr, an OF Birthday Bourbon (2015), a Buffalo Trace store pick and a Russell's SG store pick.

Just back at my house tonight (and probably had too much last night), so i'll probably just have a single pour of Larceny.

Taking the weekend off from grilling/smoking since I'm headed to the game tomorrow.
 
Sep 7, 2005
822
0
0
Got a coconut pork and chicken curry going right now while sipping on some vino. Redfish on the half shell tomorrow with asparagus, cauliflower risotto, Brussels and an arugula salad with champagne in the morning, a couple of vodka dranks in the afternoon and then on to see how many bottles of vino I can consume during the game.
 

JenBielema

Redshirt
Jan 6, 2020
68
0
0
Started my weekend last night with a bunch of guys at my buddy's house... This guy is an attorney who doesn't like bourbon but likes having high profile bourbon to share with guests... The perfect friend! I sampled this year's Pappy 15yr, an OF Birthday Bourbon (2015), a Buffalo Trace store pick and a Russell's SG store pick.

Just back at my house tonight (and probably had too much last night), so i'll probably just have a single pour of Larceny.

Taking the weekend off from grilling/smoking since I'm headed to the game tomorrow.

Hey baby. Sounds like a ***.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,643
7,901
113
You’ve inspired me. Picked up a filet for the wife and a porterhouse for myself to throw on the grill tonight
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list