Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,689
12,206
113
Happy Halloween SPS. Kids are getting candy, minus the dad tax, what treats are the adults having the weekend. Got a 7 pound brisket flat that I’m going to use 2 pounds for brisket Mac and cheese. Wife is doing saffron rice and neighbors are doing ribs and sides TBD. Plan on drinking screwdrivers this morning, switching to Larceny this evening.
View attachment 18562
View attachment 18563
Look at that smoke.
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,940
11,399
113
I'm lazy and will be ordering pizza from The Hut. I do have a six pack of Chandeluer Freemasons to drown my sorrows in.
 

Grove Sh*tter

Redshirt
Aug 25, 2014
911
0
0
With Thanksgiving approaching, I decided to try smoking a turkey (I usually just fry). I had 5 Boston butts on the racks above the turkey, dripping their goodness on the bird. The turkey was injected with creole butter and rolled in Tony's last night. That's how I prepare the butts too, by smothering in Tony's and leaving out to get to room temp overnight.

The results are most satisfactory.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,652
7,915
113
Man I wish I had something going today, but we’ve been at soccer games all day and we’re about to head out for trick r treating in about 45 min. I did get a 5 lb flat this afternoon to give corned beef sandwiches a shot next weekend, but it’ll be my first ever go at that.

It’s probably just bourbon, Reese’s, and party appetizers for me tonight
 

Chris Mannix

Redshirt
Dec 29, 2016
797
0
0
For today two 8 pound Boston Butts on the old smoker, little roadkill action (bacon wrapped chicken tenders), and chicken quarters for tomorrow. Sides are yankee potato salad that my wife makes, baked beans, and homemade mac and cheese. Red and white sauce, plus pepper jelly and cream cheese ritz’s for a snack. Drinking wise Glenlivet single malt 14 year old, and Sugarlands Apple Pie Moonshine. Figured a jar of shine would make the *** whipping that is coming go down easier, I definitely will get some great sleep.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,243
2,188
113
There was a charity chili cook off here today. So I had a few bites of 20+ chili's.

Nowhere near as good has previous years. A bunch of people who have no clue how to make chili. But the good ones were outstanding.

Since it's for the Lion's club you "vote" for the winner with your dollars. So if you like it, you give them a buck. If you really like it you buy a quart for $10. So I have two quarts in the freezer and will have some more later.

One was amazing. Chicken and Conecuh Sausage. They smoked the chickens yesterday and pulled them. Really took that chili to the next level.
 

Hellsyeah

Redshirt
May 22, 2013
340
0
0
Tried some beef chuck ribs for the first time earlier today and they turned out pretty good. Grilling a “London broil” later. Got a mess of greens simmering right now that smell amazing
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar