Rock Island vs Moline: The hate is real in this one! You can toss the records out, but you can’t toss out recent history. The last regular season win for Rocky is 2016 (They did win during the weird Covid year) and many of those games haven't been close. Hate to say it, but with Moline trending up and Rocky still being stuck in the mud, I think Moline pushes the streak out another year. Moline 49 – Rocky 14.
Geneseo vs Galesburg: This game gives me more intrigue than it did a few weeks ago. Geneseo is coming off of two tough losses. In one, the offense couldn't’ get it in gear, and in the other the defense got shredded. In recent years, Galesburg has played Geneseo tough. After the offensive fireworks the Silver Streaks did last week against Sterling, the Leafs should be on high alert. I still think being able to run the ball cures alot of things, and I don’t think Geneseo will have issues doing just that. Geneseo 35 – Galesburg 28.
Quincy vs United Township: How does Quincy respond to their first loss of the season? That might be the big question as pretty solid UT teams rolls into town fresh off of vanquishing the Maple Leafs. I think this game has the potential to burn out a few bulbs on the scoreboard as both teams have weapons that can score from anywhere. I think UT rides the high of their last week win and scores a close win. UT 42 – Quincy 38.
Sterling vs Hammond Morton (IN): I don’t know a whole lot about Morton, other than they are 2-3 on the season and look like they have some athletes, but are also undisciplined at times. Hopefully Sterling has figured out what went wrong on defense against Galesburg and can put forth a more solid effort. From the bit of film I have watched, I think Sterling is the better team and has the advantage of not having to travel for the game. Sterling 35 – Morton 21.
BONUS GAME!!!
Erie-Prophetstown @ Rockridge: Oh how fun the TRAC Rock division has been! EP is having an absolutely banner year, being undefeated and already having disposed of Newman. Now they face the next tough test in the Rockridge Rockets. Rockridge is 4-1 and has shown to be just as tough a team as past Rockets teams have been. Winner of this one sits near the top of the conference. EP finds a way past Rockridge and there is a potential undefeated show down in a few weeks with Riverdale. EP 24 – Rockridge 14.
Geneseo vs Galesburg: This game gives me more intrigue than it did a few weeks ago. Geneseo is coming off of two tough losses. In one, the offense couldn't’ get it in gear, and in the other the defense got shredded. In recent years, Galesburg has played Geneseo tough. After the offensive fireworks the Silver Streaks did last week against Sterling, the Leafs should be on high alert. I still think being able to run the ball cures alot of things, and I don’t think Geneseo will have issues doing just that. Geneseo 35 – Galesburg 28.
Quincy vs United Township: How does Quincy respond to their first loss of the season? That might be the big question as pretty solid UT teams rolls into town fresh off of vanquishing the Maple Leafs. I think this game has the potential to burn out a few bulbs on the scoreboard as both teams have weapons that can score from anywhere. I think UT rides the high of their last week win and scores a close win. UT 42 – Quincy 38.
Sterling vs Hammond Morton (IN): I don’t know a whole lot about Morton, other than they are 2-3 on the season and look like they have some athletes, but are also undisciplined at times. Hopefully Sterling has figured out what went wrong on defense against Galesburg and can put forth a more solid effort. From the bit of film I have watched, I think Sterling is the better team and has the advantage of not having to travel for the game. Sterling 35 – Morton 21.
BONUS GAME!!!
Erie-Prophetstown @ Rockridge: Oh how fun the TRAC Rock division has been! EP is having an absolutely banner year, being undefeated and already having disposed of Newman. Now they face the next tough test in the Rockridge Rockets. Rockridge is 4-1 and has shown to be just as tough a team as past Rockets teams have been. Winner of this one sits near the top of the conference. EP finds a way past Rockridge and there is a potential undefeated show down in a few weeks with Riverdale. EP 24 – Rockridge 14.