Watched All 3

Islandbird

Freshman
Jan 31, 2022
51
51
18
I'm a season ticket holder and a big baseball fan. I watched all three Florida games. If we had ANY offense, we could have won the first two - we kept the Gator bats at bay. Gutsy performances by Gunther and Phillips. My takes overall - most of our pitchers pitch from behind and too many walks and hbp. Defense is below average - we can't stop anyone from stealing! Offense is horrible. No discipline and I don't think we can handle SEC pitching. Can't catch up to the fast ball or recognize the changeup. Also, don't understand why Lizama and Hollins were not in the lineup today. Hate to admit it this early, but don't think we're fixable.
 

RL09

All-Conference
Dec 29, 2025
1,021
1,172
113
I'm a season ticket holder and a big baseball fan. I watched all three Florida games. If we had ANY offense, we could have won the first two - we kept the Gator bats at bay. Gutsy performances by Gunther and Phillips. My takes overall - most of our pitchers pitch from behind and too many walks and hbp. Defense is below average - we can't stop anyone from stealing! Offense is horrible. No discipline and I don't think we can handle SEC pitching. Can't catch up to the fast ball or recognize the changeup. Also, don't understand why Lizama and Hollins were not in the lineup today. Hate to admit it this early, but don't think we're fixable.
Curious, as you are big baseball fan, we went 28-29 over all and 6-24 in SEC play last year, do you think it will be a similar outcome this season.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rhode Island Dork

Islandbird

Freshman
Jan 31, 2022
51
51
18
I expect about the same record. I think the two pitchers mentioned in the OP represent a slight upgrade. Philpott seems far from ready. The offense is anemic tho. I would say say we are at or near the bottom of th league in BA as well as stealing defense. So improving the winning percentage seems nearly impossible. Hope I'm wrong.
 

RL09

All-Conference
Dec 29, 2025
1,021
1,172
113
I expect about the same record. I think the two pitchers mentioned in the OP represent a slight upgrade. Philpott seems far from ready. The offense is anemic tho. I would say say we are at or near the bottom of th league in BA as well as stealing defense. So improving the winning percentage seems nearly impossible. Hope I'm wrong.
thank you for sharing your insight, hopefully they can get it going against UNCC this week, go Gamecocks.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football Recruiting Star power: South Carolina football vs. Florida
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Basketball South Carolina men's basketball tipoff times, TV information announced
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football 'He hit a gear': Kendal Briles evaluates LaNorris Sellers' latest performance
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football An updated look at South Carolina football's top roster talent in the On3 Impact Rankings
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Gamecocks in the NFL: Week 4 recap, Week 5 preview