Don’t forget the environment!I can’t fathom the cost of that ticket
Iowa blitzed the hell out of Indiana all game last year including on the slant route that turned into the long winning score.Phil’s entire defensive philosophy is NO BIG PLAYS. It’s maddening, but effective. But I agree, I’d like to see more risk against bigger name teams (ie last year against Indiana, Oregon, and USC).
Yeah, I had to go to bed...This game is going to end at 3am
They looked very quick/fast, but very undersized...I think we can definitely out physical them...I am not concerned at Washington now at all
I still fear this game simply because of our history playing out west. It will be a friday night game to boot.We are going to kill washington, but probably get tripped up against one of whisky, NU or Illinois.
We simply need to make the OSU game close. We can't get blown out.Yea miracles happen but I think OSU is head and shoulders above the rest of the big ten. For plyoff chances I’m counting that as a L, figure we will drop,one to Nebraska, NU, OL or wisky. Have To beat UW
Agreed, but I would add the game at Minny will be challenging too. I feel fairly confident in the Black Friday game in Kinnick vs Nebby.We are going to kill washington, but probably get tripped up against one of whisky, NU or Illinois.
Underwood is a much bigger, physical runner vs the little Washington QB, who may not make it through the season without getting hurt.I thought that about Underwood, but that kid impressed me today.
Phil is awesome, BUT he definitely needs to blitz in key situations WAY more than he does. If you pressure the QB, as everyone knows, your DBs have a MUCH easier task. I've often been frustrated by Phil's willingness to sit back and not be aggressive. Off the top of my head, the first three examples are the Big Ten title game in 2015 when MSU executed a 22-play drive to win the game in the final seconds. The PSU night game several years ago when Akrum Wadley gave the Hawks the lead late, only to have PSU score the game-winning TD with ONE second on the clock. And the Oregon game last year when the defense let Oregon kick the game-winning FG on the last play of the game after MG had engineered a 90+ yard TD drive that should have won the game.Phil’s entire defensive philosophy is NO BIG PLAYS. It’s maddening, but effective. But I agree, I’d like to see more risk against bigger name teams (ie last year against Indiana, Oregon, and USC).
16 games ...Iowa blitzed the hell out of Indiana all game last year including on the slant route that turned into the long winning score.
This. Brown needs to throw downfield, starting in the first quarter. Good things happened against Michigan when he went downfield in the fourth quarter. Nothing to lose.Iowa will be a big under dog against OSU. Play with nothing to lose and let it all hang out. Then see what happens.
In reality, that is probably our ONLY hope.This. Brown needs to throw downfield, starting in the first quarter. Good things happened against Michigan when he went downfield in the fourth quarter. Nothing to lose.
Yep. I'd say the same thing about people thinking we have a cake walk after the Washington game just playing the old B1G west teams. There will be a couple of rough games in that stretch.I chuckle when I hear posters talking about how Iowa won't have a problem with Washington, just like they didn't have a problem with USC last year or UCLA the year before. There are no gimmes certainly not where the west coast is considered.
Phil does come after people at times. He went hard after Pavia in the bowl game with Vandy. I'm sure he didn't want to blitz Underwood and have him escape and running down the field. He's bigger then some LB's.Phil is awesome, BUT he definitely needs to blitz in key situations WAY more than he does. If you pressure the QB, as everyone knows, your DBs have a MUCH easier task. I've often been frustrated by Phil's willingness to sit back and not be aggressive. Off the top of my head, the first three examples are the Big Ten title game in 2015 when MSU executed a 22-play drive to win the game in the final seconds. The PSU night game several years ago when Akrum Wadley gave the Hawks the lead late, only to have PSU score the game-winning TD with ONE second on the clock. And the Oregon game last year when the defense let Oregon kick the game-winning FG on the last play of the game after MG had engineered a 90+ yard TD drive that should have won the game.
It's crazy to blitz all the time, but it's equally crazy to never blitz. Pick your spots, Phil. C'mon, man. Surprise OSU with a wrinkle or two.
Illinois could have made that game much closer had they finished tackles, Sayin is capable of running (not to the extent of underwood), but there is no reason with that WR room.Each opponent is unique.
Blitzing underwood would have unleashed his athleticism. Not good. He can outrun any of our front 7.
Sayin is a pocket qb who rarely runs
Might have some shot at getting to him with a few blitzes,but that means allowing that beast wr,smith, to be single covered, a recipe for big plays for OSU.
Be selective Phil..very selective.
Yes it is. Great dream, but still...Maybe Iowa in the CFP, possibly hosting a first round game, is not a pipe dream?
I'll kick in for your gofundme. Cuz that's what it will take for that ticket. That would be HUGE.I might spring for that if it happens
Yep, not sure how it could NOT have. Justin Britt's dad once said on a podcast, "The problem with NIL is the 'I' in NIL. You are totally putting an "I" in team".Jedd Fisch is a good coach. A lot of injuries but I think the Demond Williams transfer stuff caused problems in the locker room.
You're citing a whole THREE plays. And in two of them, questionable officiating contributed, i.e., the 2-point attempt with the Oregon defender throwing a towel in the air in the path of the ball, the U$C game with several uncalled questionable hits, and worse, the phantom sideline violation.Phil is awesome, BUT he definitely needs to blitz in key situations WAY more than he does. If you pressure the QB, as everyone knows, your DBs have a MUCH easier task. I've often been frustrated by Phil's willingness to sit back and not be aggressive. Off the top of my head, the first three examples are the Big Ten title game in 2015 when MSU executed a 22-play drive to win the game in the final seconds. The PSU night game several years ago when Akrum Wadley gave the Hawks the lead late, only to have PSU score the game-winning TD with ONE second on the clock. And the Oregon game last year when the defense let Oregon kick the game-winning FG on the last play of the game after MG had engineered a 90+ yard TD drive that should have won the game.
It's crazy to blitz all the time, but it's equally crazy to never blitz. Pick your spots, Phil. C'mon, man. Surprise OSU with a wrinkle or two.
Teams have been able to run on the Bucks. We need long time consuming drives to keep their offense off the field.In reality, that is probably our ONLY hope.
Hawkeye Report Basketball Recruiting
Iowa Women's Basketball lands four-star center Khalia Hartwell
Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting
Iowa Hawkeyes Football Recruiting: Weekend Preview
Rivals Football Recruiting
Nation's No. 5 linebacker Brodie Metzger back in Iowa City, Hawkeyes among his early favorites
Hawkeye Report Football
Game Preview: Ohio State at Iowa
Hawkeye Report Football
The Friday Five