Was at the game

Baz = Heisman

Junior
Aug 15, 2025
616
360
63
Our fan base really sucks. How do we only get 500 fans when the drive is 3 hours and it’s a great college town with plenty of affordable hotels? If I hadn’t moved to Florida, I would have been there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rmndcat

Bwm57

All-Conference
Sep 12, 2011
3,747
1,111
103
Our fan base really sucks. How do we only get 500 fans when the drive is 3 hours and it’s a great college town with plenty of affordable hotels? If I hadn’t moved to Florida, I would have been there.
Hotels were not affordable. I’m sure more people could have driven down, but were there really only 500 there?
 

stpaulcat

Senior
May 29, 2001
35,470
995
113
Our fan base really sucks. How do we only get 500 fans when the drive is 3 hours and it’s a great college town with plenty of affordable hotels? If I hadn’t moved to Florida, I would have been there.
I don't suck. Do you suck? Anyone else here suck? Let's see a show of hands.
 

TheBallCarrier

Redshirt
Jun 9, 2020
36
5
8
Hotels were not affordable. I’m sure more people could have driven down, but were there really only 500 there?
I was there too. In the NU allotment in sec 102. 500 NU fans is being generous. Maybe the most poorly attended away game I've been to. Yes, I had to stay an hour away near the airport to get a room in my budget.

I've been to half a dozen NU FB games at IU over the last 25 years (Anyone else remember Antwan Randle El embarrass us?). Crowds used to be as bad if not worse than ours. It is truly amazing how that place has transformed...winning culture = packed stadium, engaged students, rabid fans. If it can happen there...
 
  • Like
Reactions: NURoseBowl

Purple Pile Driver

All-Conference
May 14, 2014
28,978
4,136
113
wtf cares with our attendance for a game at Indiana? Geez, the obsession on this board with attendance makes me think we have either joined the SEC or became Nebraska.
 

Catmandoo78

Junior
Nov 12, 2025
401
228
43
wtf cares with our attendance for a game at Indiana? Geez, the obsession on this board with attendance makes me think we have either joined the SEC or became Nebraska.
“Over on the rock nobody gives a **** about attendance!”

That being said, I agree with you. The inferiority complex is weird. I’ve seen multiple posts about whether Cig was complimentary of us in our loss at IU.
 

Pasadena Bound

Sophomore
Nov 13, 2002
1,296
199
53
Hotels were not affordable. I’m sure more people could have driven down, but were there really only 500 there?
We drove down from Chicago on game day and were able to tailgate for 3 hours. Getting out of our stadium parking lot was a nightmare. We tried to leave right after the game and it took well over a hour to get out of our parking lot. The NU team busses actually got out before we did! We stayed in Indianapolis Friday night. Our hotel was near Zionsville, just NE Indianapolis, just off of I-65. Very reasonable rates as we were away from downtown where the rates would have been absurd. Great trip other than the outcome. Their fans were cool and the atmosphere was good.
 

NUinIAFan

Redshirt
Jul 25, 2026
3
0
1
I was there too. In the NU allotment in sec 102. 500 NU fans is being generous. Maybe the most poorly attended away game I've been to. Yes, I had to stay an hour away near the airport to get a room in my budget.

I've been to half a dozen NU FB games at IU over the last 25 years (Anyone else remember Antwan Randle El embarrass us?). Crowds used to be as bad if not worse than ours. It is truly amazing how that place has transformed...winning culture = packed stadium, engaged students, rabid fans. If it can happen there...
Yep-i went to IU back in the Lee Corso era! And lived across the street from the stadium! Went to maybe one football game- basketball was my favorite- ncaa champions w Bobby Knight! So this transformation is so amazing to those of us who had all the years of terrible football! 🏈
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Snap Counts Analysis
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Northwestern couldn't dream of a better win over Penn State
  3. 03 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Northwestern opens Ryan Field by running over Penn State, 34-13
  5. 05 Wildcat Report What the new Ryan Field means to Northwestern