Visiting LA

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,037
8,400
113
I've got to run out to LA for a few days and will have plenty of down time. I've never been there before, what are some places that I have to visit or eat?
 

Cowguy

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
12,580
2,666
0
I've got to run out to LA for a few days and will have plenty of down time. I've never been there before, what are some places that I have to visit or eat?
If you’re into like the old school classic places I’ll give you a few.

Philippe (original French dip), Dan Tana (Italian), golden Bull (steak), factors deli, Cielito lindo (rolled tacos), pinks (hot dogs)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Inky29

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,037
8,400
113
Yeah, I drive in DFW all the time but I hear it's even worse in LA.
 

AlphPistolPete

All-Conference
Jun 20, 2002
6,689
4,771
113
I've got to run out to LA for a few days and will have plenty of down time. I've never been there before, what are some places that I have to visit or eat?
LA sucks, but those calling it the worst city in the country have obviously never been to Houston or Frisco. Hit up Santa Monica, hike at the Griffith Observatory, check out Venice Beach, Malibu, and Rodeo Drive. Maybe drive around old Hollywood. It sucks overall but it is still fun and in the most geographically gifted state in the union.
 

Rdcldad

Heisman
Oct 13, 2015
17,174
28,654
0
LA sucks, but those calling it the worst city in the country have obviously never been to Houston or Frisco. Hit up Santa Monica, hike at the Griffith Observatory, check out Venice Beach, Malibu, and Rodeo Drive. Maybe drive around old Hollywood. It sucks overall but it is still fun and in the most geographically gifted state in the union.

santa monica to malibu is cool
 

osutater

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
13,142
10,640
93
LA sucks, but those calling it the worst city in the country have obviously never been to Houston or Frisco. Hit up Santa Monica, hike at the Griffith Observatory, check out Venice Beach, Malibu, and Rodeo Drive. Maybe drive around old Hollywood. It sucks overall but it is still fun and in the most geographically gifted state in the union.
Make sure to see Skid Row also.
 

hollywood

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
50,697
3,345
113
If you’re into like the old school classic places I’ll give you a few.

Philippe (original French dip), Dan Tana (Italian), golden Bull (steak), factors deli, Cielito lindo (rolled tacos), pinks (hot dogs)
I would add Musso and Frank to that list. Over 100 yr's at this point, featured in any number of books, tv shows and movies.

Morton's Prime Rib and just across the street, the Stinking Rose (if you love garlic and if they've reopened.)

The first is in "Old" Hollywood and #2 & #3 are in Beverly Hills.
 
Last edited:

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,037
8,400
113
Nope, had to push the trip back for a few months because of a family illness situation. Still planning on going but may not be until next fall now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: squeak
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football OSI Preview Week 6 | Oklahoma State vs. UCF
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: UCF at Oklahoma State
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State hosting a few 2027 recruits, key flip targets, and coveted 2028 and 2029 quarterbacks for UCF game
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio State, Oregon, Oklahoma State, Nebraska host elite recruits, blue-chip QBs, flip targets in loaded Week 6 slate
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State will lean heavy on the receiving core against UCF