Venables: "I hired the wrong guy".

Podgy

All-Conference
Oct 1, 2022
3,902
4,409
113
"I hired the wrong guy. It obviously wasn't the right guy. And it's not centered on Seth (Littrell). I failed. I own that. That's not earth-shattering news. Okay, now what do I got to do to fix it?"

 
  • Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,625
31,906
113
That's a pretty sh*tty thing for him to say publicly. No matter how he phrases it, he's blaming the assistant he's firing. Just go with the standard, we appreciate everything he's done for us, but for whatever reason it just didn't work out, and wish him well in the future.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,689
12,206
113
That's a pretty sh*tty thing for him to say publicly. No matter how he phrases it, he's blaming the assistant he's firing. Just go with the standard, we appreciate everything he's done for us, but for whatever reason it just didn't work out, and wish him well in the future.
Especially since it’s directed at a guy that was a beloved player on the team you are coaching. Yeah, he’s not loved now but time heals wounds.
 
  • Like
Reactions: patdog

travis.sixpack

All-Conference
Mar 3, 2008
1,104
1,127
113
"I hired the wrong guy. It obviously wasn't the right guy. And it's not centered on Seth (Littrell). I failed. I own that. That's not earth-shattering news. Okay, now what do I got to do to fix it?"


I feel like there's a happy medium between "From [defensive] staffing, I do have confidence. I see those guys every day. I see their fight and energy and toughness. I see how consistent they've been" and THAT.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar