Using Wal Mart Plus and Liking It

PalmettoTiger1

Heisman
Jan 24, 2009
13,137
13,089
113
Folks I don’t know how you guys shop but I am signed up for Wal Mart Plus and Amazon

Having stuff shipped directly to the house really works well

$100 to each Wal Mart and Amazon so no shipping costs and the stuff gets to me almost same day or next day to me

Saves gas. Let’s me keep lists. Never have to haul stuff in store and to car

The world sure is changing
 
  • Like
Reactions: MTTiger19

baltimorened

All-American
May 29, 2001
8,767
6,454
113
Folks I don’t know how you guys shop but I am signed up for Wal Mart Plus and Amazon

Having stuff shipped directly to the house really works well

$100 to each Wal Mart and Amazon so no shipping costs and the stuff gets to me almost same day or next day to me

Saves gas. Let’s me keep lists. Never have to haul stuff in store and to car

The world sure is changing
before long, give us internet and we won't have to leave the house....shopping, food deliveries, telemedicine for routine stuff (just had a telemedicine appt with a neurologist), work from home...

world is changing
 

fskillet

All-Conference
Mar 26, 2026
887
2,405
93
Wall-E *** economy we have right now. No wonder obesity has tripled in the US over the last 60 years
 
  • Like
Reactions: tigres88

PalmettoTiger1

Heisman
Jan 24, 2009
13,137
13,089
113
I watched Wall-E but have forgotten the premise but I think it was about trashing earth

Watched it when my 48 year old daughter was like 6 I think
 

Moogy

All-American
Jul 28, 2017
7,734
5,479
113
Folks I don’t know how you guys shop but I am signed up for Wal Mart Plus and Amazon

Having stuff shipped directly to the house really works well

$100 to each Wal Mart and Amazon so no shipping costs and the stuff gets to me almost same day or next day to me

Saves gas. Let’s me keep lists. Never have to haul stuff in store and to car

The world sure is changing
Is this a post from 2016 (or earlier)?
 

nytigerfan

Heisman
Dec 9, 2004
10,601
14,140
102
I watched Wall-E but have forgotten the premise but I think it was about trashing earth

Watched it when my 48 year old daughter was like 6 I think

WALL-E came out in 2008 and was trashed by conservatives for being anti-capitalism, anti-consumerism, and, of course, the worst offense, suggesting that humans were hurting the environment.

Sometimes I wonder what it must be like to be uneducated.
 
  • Like
Reactions: fskillet

PAWrocka

Heisman
Nov 3, 2008
21,277
28,716
103
I watched Wall-E but have forgotten the premise but I think it was about trashing earth

Watched it when my 48 year old daughter was like 6 I think
…. ya …. Wall E was released in 2008.

Eco-preservation was only one of the themes of the movie. Unchecked corporate greed, manipulative commercialism, rampant consumerism, along with the need for meaningful relationships and collectivism were also MAJOR themes.

This is what made “Disney” films so enduring and wonderful …. and then they elected to sacrifice their storytelling on the alter of DEI. They actively chose to let their “messaging” to get ahead of the story. They replaced great writers with corporate boardroom check marks and the box office suffered immensely. Disney was always “woke”, well … since Walt passed and certainly during their 90s renaissance, but those themes were engrained in GREAT storytelling. Then a bunch of blue haired Fs got hired ….

LUCKILY, they have seen the error of their ways. Very excited and happy about the new CEO.
 

baltimorened

All-American
May 29, 2001
8,767
6,454
113
WALL-E came out in 2008 and was trashed by conservatives for being anti-capitalism, anti-consumerism, and, of course, the worst offense, suggesting that humans were hurting the environment.

Sometimes I wonder what it must be like to be uneducated.
I have a great friend who is as liberal as you...and he thought the same thing....

Is there debate over whether or not humans were hurting the environment? Just look at all the litter after the next no kings rally if we need proof. What's debatable is the degree and the effect.
 

nytigerfan

Heisman
Dec 9, 2004
10,601
14,140
102
I have a great friend who is as liberal as you...and he thought the same thing....

Is there debate over whether or not humans were hurting the environment? Just look at all the litter after the next no kings rally if we need proof. What's debatable is the degree and the effect.

the president you voted for has repeatedly said that global warming is a hoax.
 

PalmettoTiger1

Heisman
Jan 24, 2009
13,137
13,089
113
I have a great friend who is as liberal as you...and he thought the same thing....

Is there debate over whether or not humans were hurting the environment? Just look at all the litter after the next no kings rally if we need proof. What's debatable is the degree and the effect.

I remember seeing a picture of a Tea Party rally and then one of a Occupy Wallstreet

The occupy trashed everything

Tea Party looked like they cleaned it better than when they got there
 

dpic73

Heisman
Jul 27, 2005
35,562
32,684
113

PAWrocka

Heisman
Nov 3, 2008
21,277
28,716
103
I have a great friend who is as liberal as you...and he thought the same thing....

Is there debate over whether or not humans were hurting the environment? Just look at all the litter after the next no kings rally if we need proof. What's debatable is the degree and the effect.
I have been very consistent in my views on “climate change”. We have approximately … 150-200 years of “data” post Industrial Revolution of humans impact on the environment. There aren’t even words for how statistically insignificant that data set is when considering the age of the earth or even just the length of time that humans have been around.

With that said, I could get on board with humans having an incremental impact on the climate, but I vehemently reject and won’t even consider the assertion that the United States is to blame and should shutter our economy and way of life. In my previous profession I travelled the globe and spent meaningful time on every continent except Antarctica. I have also been to every major American city. There isn’t a city in the US that looks like Shanghai, São Paulo, Delhi, etc. It doesn’t matter how eco-friendly the US/Western society is when the Indians and Chinese are spreading their collective dirty *** cheeks and shitting into the sky. Your adorable recycling bin that you ignorantly wheel down to your curb once a week is absolutely meaningless.

with that said … we should be good stewards to our home, I mean … we were commissioned by God to do so. From earth, in any direction you look it SUCKS for trillions and trillions of miles. This is the only “home” we’ve got barring some kind of Einstein-Rosen/ Star Trek level ****, so we should do our best to take care of it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hotshoe

baltimorened

All-American
May 29, 2001
8,767
6,454
113
the president you voted for has repeatedly said that global warming is a hoax.
well global warming is out..the prediction didn't come true. We're on to climate change..

And, under climate change, the temperatures are warming, but according to some scientists, the dire warnings about CO2, the oceans rising are not happening. I believe (although would not swear to it) that I read a resort from an "expert" that car emissions are not causing all the damage initially predicted.

But I'm not a scientist and while also not an expert, I do know that climate changes every day. I live in Florida and on some days, climate changes every hour. So I'm in the climate change camp.
 

PAWrocka

Heisman
Nov 3, 2008
21,277
28,716
103
well global warming is out..the prediction didn't come true. We're on to climate change..

And, under climate change, the temperatures are warming, but according to some scientists, the dire warnings about CO2, the oceans rising are not happening. I believe (although would not swear to it) that I read a resort from an "expert" that car emissions are not causing all the damage initially predicted.

But I'm not a scientist and while also not an expert, I do know that climate changes every day. I live in Florida and on some days, climate changes every hour. So I'm in the climate change camp.
An true “inconvenient truth” (thanks Al) to the Climate cultists is that the earth has been significantly warmer longer through its history than today by the tune of hundreds of millions of years and that is of course ignoring the first 2 Billion years where earth was a molten sphere.

Antarctic ice cores would indicate that we are actually still coming out of an ice age. It’s only human arrogance that would make people believe that we are having a dramatic effect on the climate and our simple little minds can’t comprehend the passage of time measured in the “millions” of years. What will really burn your noodle is that there could’ve been MULTIPLE intelligent civilizations, civilizations far more advanced than ours that could’ve come before us that were obliterated by cataclysms and there would be no trace of them. Within 10k years of a global cataclysm or all humans disappearing, all evidence of humans would be erased almost entirely. Only the most hardened structures would remain.

“Climate Change” and “Green Energy” is a scam.
 

nytigerfan

Heisman
Dec 9, 2004
10,601
14,140
102
An true “inconvenient truth” (thanks Al) to the Climate cultists is that the earth has been significantly warmer longer through its history than today by the tune of hundreds of millions of years and that is of course ignoring the first 2 Billion years where earth was a molten sphere.

Antarctic ice cores would indicate that we are actually still coming out of an ice age. It’s only human arrogance that would make people believe that we are having a dramatic effect on the climate and our simple little minds can’t comprehend the passage of time measured in the “millions” of years. What will really burn your noodle is that there could’ve been MULTIPLE intelligent civilizations, civilizations far more advanced than ours that could’ve come before us that were obliterated by cataclysms and there would be no trace of them. Within 10k years of a global cataclysm or all humans disappearing, all evidence of humans would be erased almost entirely. Only the most hardened structures would remain.

“Climate Change” and “Green Energy” is a scam.

with everything happening in the world RIGHT NOW, you still think green energy is a scam. Take a lap junior.
 

nytigerfan

Heisman
Dec 9, 2004
10,601
14,140
102
well global warming is out..the prediction didn't come true. We're on to climate change..

And, under climate change, the temperatures are warming, but according to some scientists, the dire warnings about CO2, the oceans rising are not happening. I believe (although would not swear to it) that I read a resort from an "expert" that car emissions are not causing all the damage initially predicted.

But I'm not a scientist and while also not an expert, I do know that climate changes every day. I live in Florida and on some days, climate changes every hour. So I'm in the climate change camp.

Easy for you to say with one foot in the grave already.
 

Rastafarian

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2025
1,499
2,189
113
Folks I don’t know how you guys shop but I am signed up for Wal Mart Plus and Amazon

Having stuff shipped directly to the house really works well

$100 to each Wal Mart and Amazon so no shipping costs and the stuff gets to me almost same day or next day to me

Saves gas. Let’s me keep lists. Never have to haul stuff in store and to car

The world sure is changing
Were you in a coma for the last 15 years?
 

baltimorened

All-American
May 29, 2001
8,767
6,454
113
Easy for you to say with one foot in the grave already.
well, that was a nice reply..anythin I posted which was inaccurate? I'm all for anybody who wants to use solar or wind power, it should be their choice. But my experience was that solar required a large up front expenditure with a too long payback period and wind was more expensive that gas. Others have different experiences. An all of the above power plants is great by me...
 
  • Like
Reactions: PalmettoTiger1

Rastafarian

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2025
1,499
2,189
113
well, that was a nice reply..anythin I posted which was inaccurate? I'm all for anybody who wants to use solar or wind power, it should be their choice. But my experience was that solar required a large up front expenditure with a too long payback period and wind was more expensive that gas. Others have different experiences. An all of the above power plants is great by me...Pretty


well global warming is out..the prediction didn't come true. We're on to climate change..

And, under climate change, the temperatures are warming, but according to some scientists, the dire warnings about CO2, the oceans rising are not happening. I believe (although would not swear to it) that I read a resort from an "expert" that car emissions are not causing all the damage initially predicted.

But I'm not a scientist and while also not an expert, I do know that climate changes every day. I live in Florida and on some days, climate changes every hour. So I'm in the climate change camp.

pretty much everything you posted is false.

Surface temp, especially water, is increasing. And faster than expected. Water is rising faster than expected. 99.9% of published scientists believe humans are causing climate change.

They had to change global warming to climate change because morons like many on this board would be to stupid to understand nuance when some place had a record cold spell.
 

baltimorened

All-American
May 29, 2001
8,767
6,454
113
pretty much everything you posted is false.

Surface temp, especially water, is increasing. And faster than expected. Water is rising faster than expected. 99.9% of published scientists believe humans are causing climate change.

They had to change global warming to climate change because morons like many on this board would be to stupid to understand nuance when some place had a record cold spell.
I'm surprised that the morons on this board, in part, had such effect to change the nation's perspective from global warming to climate change.
 

PalmettoTiger1

Heisman
Jan 24, 2009
13,137
13,089
113
well, that was a nice reply..anythin I posted which was inaccurate? I'm all for anybody who wants to use solar or wind power, it should be their choice. But my experience was that solar required a large up front expenditure with a too long payback period and wind was more expensive that gas. Others have different experiences. An all of the above power plants is great by me...

I’ll take Nukes all day over Green Energy

Natural Gas 2

Hydro is a great choice where it can be engineered in but it is limited to finding the right river in the right terrain
 
Tiger Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Defensive Tackle
  2. 02 Tiger Illustrated Football Lots of issues to address for Clemson's offense
  3. 03 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Top 20 national recruit raves about Clemson visit
  4. 04 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Cornerback
  5. 05 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting The time for Clemson's front office to start working on 2027 roster management is here