US 45 Question

SoulCatcher

Redshirt
May 30, 2005
161
16
18
Off-topic:

Can anyone enlighten me as to the state of US 45? It's been a while since I've driven that highway. Is it now 4 lane from the TN/MS line down to the AL line (south of Meridian)? I know there was alot of construction planned and much completed but I've not kept up with where it's at.

Thanks in advance.
 

Dawg in a pile

Redshirt
Feb 27, 2008
563
0
0
SoulCatcher said:
Off-topic:

Can anyone enlighten me as to the state of US 45? It's been a while since I've driven that highway. Is it now 4 lane from the TN/MS line down to the AL line (south of Meridian)? I know there was alot of construction planned and much completed but I've not kept up with where it's at.

Thanks in advance.
I know it's 4 lane at least from Starkville down to the AL line. I haven't driven 45 North of Starkville in so many years I can't remember, seems like it was 4 lane all the way up to at least Tupelo or so.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,590
8,570
102
Got away with a warning-- probably because I patronized one of Scooba's convenience stores instead of just passing through.
 

MaroonedNdaRock

Redshirt
Nov 9, 2010
610
0
0
Did the state renumber the highway through West Point? Because that use to be 45alternate. Which made no sense but.... I being picky though. Being from Columbus, you say 45, I think the highway from Tupelo to Columbus past Wyerhauser to Brooksville.
 

boomboommsu

Redshirt
Mar 14, 2008
1,045
0
0
the speed limit drops to 55 around those stop signs/gas stations. HP loves to just sit in the parking lot of the gas station facing the stop, waiting on the inevitable speeder or roll-stopper.

i got a ticket in this area for 73 in a 55. I was actually doing 70 in a 65. so beware.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  3. 03 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit