Underrated Drummers - Thoughts and Nominees

Harvard Gamecock

All-Conference
May 5, 2014
3,302
3,033
113
Being a drummer myself, I have a soft spot for the under appreciated.

Hal Blaine (The wrecking crew)
Jim Keltner
Kenny Aronoff
Idris Muhammed - The better question would be, who didn't he drum for.


Stewart Copeland - One of the sadder days of my life, I went to see the Police in concert, and of course I was watching the drummer, and realizing that even if I practiced 12 hours a day, 7 days a week I could never, ever, come to close to what I was watching
 

Prestonyte

All-American
Jun 1, 2022
5,261
5,215
113
Being a drummer myself, I have a soft spot for the under appreciated.

Hal Blaine (The wrecking crew)
Jim Keltner
Kenny Aronoff
Idris Muhammed - The better question would be, who didn't he drum for.


Stewart Copeland - One of the sadder days of my life, I went to see the Police in concert, and of course I was watching the drummer, and realizing that even if I practiced 12 hours a day, 7 days a week I could never, ever, come to close to what I was watching
Keltner and Copeland (y)
 

NYC_Gamecock

Joined Jun 16, 2007
Jun 16, 2007
1,244
2,498
113
Bill Ward from Black Sabbath. Check out his stellar drumming on the tune "Symptom of The Universe". Absolutely Mind Blowing!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: chicoxsox
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football A statistical audit of South Carolina's offense through four games: What's gone right, and what's gone wrong for the Gamecock offense?
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football Grading the Gamecocks' performance in blowout loss at Alabama
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Baseball Notes and takeaways from Kevin Schnall previewing fall baseball practice
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Womens Basketball South Carolina women's basketball: Exhibition mailbag
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina falls again in FPI standings after lopsided loss to Alabama