UK vs Belly official

TortElvisII

Heisman
May 7, 2010
51,700
96,942
66
Eh. It a s a day before the holidays. The team is coming off a big two game stretch where they knocked off a rival and Stjohns.

Plus the predicted score on this was like 25. Without Lowe you prob expect this to be a 20 point win or so.


It's not really the end of the world lol
Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN


It's festivus.
 

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,945
88,009
113
That defensive possession right there is the whole game in a nutshell. One on four and they get a layup. Embarrassing defensive performance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wildcatjedi

anon1777473514

Heisman
Jul 30, 2024
6,464
12,943
113
Eh. It a s a day before the holidays. The team is coming off a big two game stretch where they knocked off a rival and Stjohns.

Plus the predicted score on this was like 25. Without Lowe you prob expect this to be a 20 point win or so.


It's not really the end of the world lol

And they aren't one of the worst teams in college basketball. This was more of a game in the 20s than say 30 or 40.
This is a very fair take.
 

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,945
88,009
113
It's a bad game Richie and they're still gonna win. Let's see a play out. I would think it would be more like 12 and six.
This team plays down to the competition too much. I would say we bring it against better teams, but we have been routed too many times there as well. Getting better, but this defensive effort today was garbage. I want to see us win 12 conference games, but they have to prove it. Without Lowe we seem to either defend or score, but not both.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: RunninRichie

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,945
88,009
113
This is a very fair take.
It is very fair, but the issue with this staff and team is every game is a multitude of excuses. I feel like his entire tenure is but this, and what about that’s. That’s my biggest issue I can’t get past. I see a lot of positives, but it feels like one step forward and two steps back in a lot of places.
 

anon1777473514

Heisman
Jul 30, 2024
6,464
12,943
113
It is very fair, but the issue with this staff and team is every game is a multitude of excuses. I feel like his entire tenure is but this, and what about that’s. That’s my biggest issue I can’t get past. I see a lot of positives, but it feels like one step forward and two steps back in a lot of places.
Genuinely ask yourself if you’re really that upset about the Bellarmine game. I’m not — if you are, it’s within your rights to feel that. I don’t think the players were up for it and I get it.
 

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,945
88,009
113
Genuinely ask yourself if you’re really that upset about the Bellarmine game. I’m not — if you are, it’s within your rights to feel that. I don’t think the players were up for it and I get it.
Yeah I’m pretty upset with our effort again from this game. The fact they can’t get up for an opponent they should destroy is a problem to me.
 
Oct 9, 2015
14,207
37,772
78
Eh. It a s a day before the holidays. The team is coming off a big two game stretch where they knocked off a rival and Stjohns.

Plus the predicted score on this was like 25. Without Lowe you prob expect this to be a 20 point win or so.


It's not really the end of the world lol

And they aren't one of the worst teams in college basketball. This was more of a game in the 20s than say 30 or 40.
I guess that’s a way to spin some positivity.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cornbreadnmilk

Catfan in Tn.

Heisman
Mar 10, 2005
24,327
51,225
97
When Kentucky plays at home, it is the other team vs Kentucky. Why is this so hard for some to figure out? Now please remove yourself from my lawn.
 

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,945
88,009
113
A year from now you won’t remember this game. It’s a nothing burger. Bama is the test.
Probably not, but I still remember the OH game Wall and company played. Some games stick with you they stink so bad. If we had that top end talent or ceiling I wouldn’t worry. It’s the trends under Pope that concern me. They aren’t changing or getting better. We can make 1000 excuses for this team all we want. They are halfway thru the year and these things should improve.
 

Drogon

All-Conference
Mar 14, 2017
2,047
2,938
113
If you're supposed to be turning the season around this wasn't a very good effort on the defensive end. They shot 52% and took 30 free throws. Pretty damn unacceptable.


On the other hand it's a game before a 10 day layoff for the holidays and unlike Bellarmine most of our team is away from their families. So it makes sense there was some letdown.


Hopefully these guys can be with their loved ones and come back refreshed and focused. The SEC is a gauntlet again this year.
 

anon1777473514

Heisman
Jul 30, 2024
6,464
12,943
113
Probably not but I still remember the OH game Wall and company played. Some games stick with you they stink so bad. If we had that top end talent or ceiling I wouldn’t worry. It’s the trends under Pope that concern me. They aren’t changing or getting better.
If we don’t guard against Bama, we will all be mad.
 
  • Like
Reactions: *Fox2Monk*

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,945
88,009
113
Pope’s best ever defensive ranking is like #55.
He is gonna beat that this year with JQ playing now, but we still have some issues to work out. I’m hoping that changes when our best players play a lot going forward. I’m thinking this game was to get more guys minutes to keep them engaged and it just doesn’t work for this team on offense or defense most nights.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football The AP Poll ranks Kentucky once again after overtime win against LSU
  2. 02 KSR Football Keep the Power K: An Old Symbol is Reborn in Kentucky’s Win Over LSU
  3. 03 KSR Football Kentucky shoots up to No. 17 in Coaches Poll Top 25 update
  4. 04 KSR Football Will Stein made sure Adam Zouagui believed in himself after missing two field goals
  5. 05 KSR Football State Street was (literally) on fire (again) following Kentucky's upset over No. 10 LSU