UK releasing full schedule today

Fat-so

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2019
1,462
1,777
0
Well I can't ***** about this schedule! He put a nice one together this yr. It also looks to me like they done a very good job on mixing the games up where you have a game you can work on some things in game while still getting a "W", then the next night out you will need be prepared and have everyone show up. I like it.. Only other thing I'll say is I do agree with whoever said they'd like to see UNC put back on every year. It's fine if they don't but it'd be fun if they did.
 

JPScott

All-American
Sep 16, 2001
7,689
7,427
62
We usually play two HBCUs as part of that series. Guess it’s only one this year.
Actually no. UK just started the series last year with Southern. Its supposed to run for five years total.
 

Cowtown Cat

Heisman
Aug 23, 2015
24,354
55,505
100
Or we could put both of em on the schedule and beat both their asses exactly like we did 20 yrs ago. Or I guess it'd be 21 yrs ago. I'm still happy with this schedule though.
Absolutely. I think this is the best schedule we’ve had in several years now. The big OOC games like: Michigan State, Michigan, Kansas, UCLA, Gonzaga and to a lesser extent, Louisville is about as tough of an OOC schedule as it gets. Combine that with an improved SEC and this is one of the toughest schedules in the country.

Just off the top, we play two top 15ish teams twice in Arkansas and Tennessee. Arkansas is more like top 10, maybe top 5. Tennessee is borderline top 10, supposedly. Then there’s Alabama, Florida, Auburn and A&M. I expect A&M to be damn good this year. Plus, they’re playing with a chip from their NCAAT snub last season.

Gonna be a great season for us Kentucky Basketball fans IMHO. I haven’t been this excited about a team since probably either 2017 or 2019. This is our best overall and complete roster since 2015 IMO. Even then, that particular team lacked a true small forward, especially after POY went down with injury. I really, really like our versatile wing play this year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fat-so
Sep 9, 2005
295
378
0
Still would like to see IU at a neutral spot and a home and home with UNC next go round.
Why are so many people obsessed with Indiana? They aren't good and haven't been for a long time. We don't need them on the schedule, they need us to help their schedule. And we just completed a Home & Home series with UNC in 2019 I think...why have them back this soon? I like adding Gonzaga and Michigan because it's fresh.
 

bbnkat02

Heisman
Nov 14, 2017
48,030
71,553
113
Why are so many people obsessed with Indiana? They aren't good and haven't been for a long time. We don't need them on the schedule, they need us to help their schedule. And we just completed a Home & Home series with UNC in 2019 I think...why have them back this soon? I like adding Gonzaga and Michigan because it's fresh.
UNC is a relevant blue blood and a direct historical challenge to us. We should play them every year.
 

Catfan2226

All-American
Apr 13, 2012
5,241
6,625
0
UNC is a relevant blue blood and a direct historical challenge to us. We should play them every year.
It was my understanding that Roy ended the series due to the ACC increasing the conference schedule at the time the series ended.Currently,we Play them every 3 years in the CBS classic event although we have played them in back to back seasons due to the Covid pandemic.
I didn't mind playing Roy's Tarheel teams because he didn't mind playing true home and home games.They come to Rupp and we go there.
 

CB3UK

Hall of Famer
Apr 15, 2012
64,968
109,126
78
I like finishing with Arkansas. Hate the Hogs. Florida hasn't been worth our time since Billy D.
 

UKLone

Senior
Aug 14, 2022
402
691
0
It’s probably not but is this close to being the most scheduled ranked teams before season?
 

Fat-so

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2019
1,462
1,777
0
Absolutely. I think this is the best schedule we’ve had in several years now. The big OOC games like: Michigan State, Michigan, Kansas, UCLA, Gonzaga and to a lesser extent, Louisville is about as tough of an OOC schedule as it gets. Combine that with an improved SEC and this is one of the toughest schedules in the country.

Just off the top, we play two top 15ish teams twice in Arkansas and Tennessee. Arkansas is more like top 10, maybe top 5. Tennessee is borderline top 10, supposedly. Then there’s Alabama, Florida, Auburn and A&M. I expect A&M to be damn good this year. Plus, they’re playing with a chip from their NCAAT snub last season.

Gonna be a great season for us Kentucky Basketball fans IMHO. I haven’t been this excited about a team since probably either 2017 or 2019. This is our best overall and complete roster since 2015 IMO. Even then, that particular team lacked a true small forward, especially after POY went down with injury. I really, really like our versatile wing play this year.
Yes sir, it is definitely a tough schedule but I'm not so sure that the 2020-21 schedule wasn't just as tough, if not tougher. It does seem like at times our schedules have been weak though.

In 2020-21 we played, I think, 4 ACC teams including @GTech and @UofL and the weakest teams we played were a decent Richmond team from the A10 and we beat Morehead St in the opener if I'm not mistaken on all this and I'm pretty sure we lost the rest OOC and it was just a bad year to put that tough *** schedule together knowing you have 0% of everything returning. We had 0% Scoring, rebounding, hell turnovers and all were gone 😂. K. Brooks didn't even return until halfway through the year and he's the only one who played a single min. the year before. I think Cal may have put that schedule together to please the fans because some were of course already bitching about it back then, but he didn't have the guys he could do it with.. not even close! This time we got the horses (and the jockeys) to do it damn it! We may lose a close game or 2 before Christmas, but then again we might not!

My thing is I'd rather lose a close one and learn from it while playing against someone on our own level than beating lesser opponents by 30 every night while getting big headed.. only to find out later our cats wasn't made up of as much as we thought the whole time. I think it's gonna be a fun year and I'm excited for it.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Cowtown Cat

bucsrule8872

Heisman
May 30, 2005
24,397
29,352
0
Yes sir, it is definitely a tough schedule but I'm not so sure that the 2020-21 schedule wasn't just as tough, if not tougher. It does seem like at times our schedules have been weak though.

In 2020-21 we played 4 ACC teams including @GTech and we played @UofL and then the weaker teams were a decent Richmond team which was still an A10 team and we beat Morehead St and I'm pretty sure we lost the rest OOC and it was just a bad year to put that tough *** schedule together knowing you have 0% of everything returning. Scoring, rebounding, hell turnovers and all were gone 😂. Brooks didn't even return until halfway through the year and he was the only one who had played a single minute on that team prior. I think Cal may have put that schedule together to please the fans because some were of course already bitching about it back then, but he didn't have the guys he could do it with.. not even close! This time we got the horses (and the jockeys) to do it damn it! We may lose a close game or 2 before Christmas, but then again we might not!

My thing is I'd rather lose a close one and learn from it while playing against someone on our own level than beating lesser opponents by 30 every night while getting big headed.. only to find out later our cats wasn't made up of as much as we thought the whole time. I think it's gonna be a fun year and I'm excited for it.
And on top of that no fans to energize the team. A perfect storm for a disastrous year.
 

Fat-so

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2019
1,462
1,777
0
And on top of that no fans to energize the team. A perfect storm for a disastrous year.
It was a perfect **** storm for for KY. I tend to give UK and everyone else a pass on that BS. I don't like to make NO excuses and I know everyone else had to deal with the same **** as well but it was still just so damn much different than anytime of our lives, or thats the way I see it. The Covid year was just weird! Ppls hearts weren't in it and we had cardboard box cutouts as ppl in the damn stands and nobody gonna give a **** about playing in front of a packed house of cardboard box cutouts. I give UK a pass on that year. I even give Cal a pass on that year btw even if he does some **** I don't like at times and he seem to get too comfortable for awhile and he should NEVER EVER lose to St Peters but that 9-16 yr. I can look past it with ease because I never was able to view it like a normal season to begin with. Congrats to all the schools who done well during that bs yr though.
 

bbnkat02

Heisman
Nov 14, 2017
48,030
71,553
113
And on top of that no fans to energize the team. A perfect storm for a disastrous year.
Just was an awful season not for just us. I mean a year where Duke, UNC, and UK were all out of the Top 25. It hadn’t happened since the like the 70s. Fifty something odd years. That should tell you something.

Cal still gets crap for it though, that’s just the way it works. No reason we should’ve been that bad. I mean even 13-12 would’ve been understandable.
Just an awful product he produced that year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fat-so
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball KSR's top takeaways from Big Blue Madness 2026
  2. 02 KSR Basketball WATCH: KSR Rapidly Reacts to everything we saw at Big Blue Madness
  3. 03 KSR Volleyball Brooklyn DeLeye's double-double leads No. 3 Kentucky VB to four-set win over Auburn
  4. 04 KSR Basketball LIVE BLOG: Big Blue Madness
  5. 05 KSR Football SEC Availability Report: DJ Miller officially OUT vs. South Carolina