UGA v MIZZOU

ruppcat

All-American
Jan 1, 2003
3,698
5,185
0
That was about the ugliest bball I've seen in a while from the Dawgs.
 

Robcatt24

Heisman
Sep 17, 2005
18,265
17,765
113
Why in the hell did Georgia hire Crean?

Just a terrible fit in the SEC.
 

BankerCat12

Heisman
Sep 21, 2012
6,439
10,685
113
Is Edwards signing in April? If so, hopefully we are still in his ear. I could understand if he was going to school like Bama or Clemson that each year typically can put a team together to make a run at the NCAA tourney. UGA does not have that next year and for the foreseeable future with Creepo roaming the sidelines.
 

caneintally

Heisman
Oct 1, 2002
27,455
17,056
0
LOL Edwards could care less. He didnt go there to win as that honestly had to be the last thing on his mind to choose top 5 UK and top 20 FSU over that crap show. He will be able to do whatever he wants and take as many shots as he wants . Just like Langford at IU this season. Like I said by choosing UGA over those other 2 schools he showed what kind of kid he is , which doesn't mean he is bad kid at all in fact he probably is a wonderful kid , but he ain't winner. Which tons of basketball players aren't . Hell we have had some on UK .
 
  • Like
Reactions: yoshukai

caneintally

Heisman
Oct 1, 2002
27,455
17,056
0
Also Crean is so so bad and so incredibly creepy. I don't care if you lose by 29 but scoring 39 is unforgivable . If you lose 94-65 that is different as at least you put the ball in the basket at a rate a college team should . But 39 is some Middle school crap.
 

KatforLife56

Junior
Feb 4, 2019
350
389
0
Why in the hell did Georgia hire Crean?

Just a terrible fit in the SEC.
I don't understand this line of thinking. Crean had IU ranked number 1 in America and took them to the sweet 16 at least two times, maybe more. He also took Marquette, who had not done anything since the 70's, to the final four. Can you imagine if he could reciprocate any of that at Georgia? I mean if we were to hire him here, obviously it would be bad...but it is Georgia!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Flipflopsandsocks

yoshukai

Heisman
Dec 21, 2002
30,280
43,176
102
LOL Edwards could care less. He didnt go there to win as that honestly had to be the last thing on his mind to choose top 5 UK and top 20 FSU over that crap show. He will be able to do whatever he wants and take as many shots as he wants . Just like Langford at IU this season. Like I said by choosing UGA over those other 2 schools he showed what kind of kid he is , which doesn't mean he is bad kid at all in fact he probably is a wonderful kid , but he ain't winner. Which tons of basketball players aren't . Hell we have had some on UK .
Yep , just like the Simmons kid that went to LSU . To these kind of kids college is just a place to spend a year and have fun until they can be drafted .
 

revcort

Heisman
Feb 20, 2003
32,522
30,904
113
Ok folks, we're all still thinking of Tom Crean at Indiana. We've got to put that out of our heads. When Crean was hired at Georgia, I realized most of my dislike of him stemmed from my dislike of Indiana fans- not even Indiana basketball or Indiana University so much, not Crean at all, really, but Indiana FANS. They are the reason the UK-IU series ended. They are the reason ***. Hall became the cesspool it has become.

But I've decided to give Crean a chance here at Georgia. Now, if I'm a Georgia fan, I will admit I'm probably having second thoughts after this season. He probably didn't endear himself to many when he basically threw the whole team under the bus, saying he should have cut them all loose when he came on campus. Mainly, if I'm a Georgia fan, I'm having second thoughts about all the losses. I mean, sure, I expected a rebuilding year, but not like this.

Still, the UGA fans here are right. How can you fire a guy who hasn't had a full year yet? You can't. You gotta give him a legit chance to get his players in and his system in place. Crean's early years at IU were terrible, by the way, but he turned it around.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JC43

Flipflopsandsocks

All-Conference
Aug 20, 2018
2,506
2,894
0
I don't understand this line of thinking. Crean had IU ranked number 1 in America and took them to the sweet 16 at least two times, maybe more. He also took Marquette, who had not done anything since the 70's, to the final four. Can you imagine if he could reciprocate any of that at Georgia? I mean if we were to hire him here, obviously it would be bad...but it is Georgia!
He took a blueblood program to the sweet 16? That's HOF type stuff right there.
 

GermantownDawg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2001
137,949
37,825
78
Ok folks, we're all still thinking of Tom Crean at Indiana. We've got to put that out of our heads. When Crean was hired at Georgia, I realized most of my dislike of him stemmed from my dislike of Indiana fans- not even Indiana basketball or Indiana University so much, not Crean at all, really, but Indiana FANS. They are the reason the UK-IU series ended. They are the reason ***. Hall became the cesspool it has become.

But I've decided to give Crean a chance here at Georgia. Now, if I'm a Georgia fan, I will admit I'm probably having second thoughts after this season. He probably didn't endear himself to many when he basically threw the whole team under the bus, saying he should have cut them all loose when he came on campus. Mainly, if I'm a Georgia fan, I'm having second thoughts about all the losses. I mean, sure, I expected a rebuilding year, but not like this.

Still, the UGA fans here are right. How can you fire a guy who hasn't had a full year yet? You can't. You gotta give him a legit chance to get his players in and his system in place. Crean's early years at IU were terrible, by the way, but he turned it around.
Think that's where most of us are. Really didn't care what happened this year. Would I have liked us to win a few more conference games this year? Sure, but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? Not really. It was never going to be a good year for us.

I agree with what you said regarding Crean turning IU around. It was an absolute **** show when he first arrived. He DID block guys that had previously been kicked off (I believe) from returning to the team knowing he would basically have nothing to work with. He's not an elite coach, but I would put him in a good/very good category considering he has a winning record in the NCAA tournament (having 20+ games in the tourney) and a Final 4 appearance.

I'm not saying that he sandbagged this year, because I don't think that's his style, but I also don't think he was going to go out of his way to cater to the style these guys were used to playing. What happens if he changes the way he likes to play because his current roster isn't suited to running his style? You win 1, 2, 3 more games? Possibly, but I think you stunt your overall development of your program for a couple of more wins in a year that nobody will remember.

I may be one of few who think we'll be better post-Edwards than with him. Will he elevate our play while he's here? Absolutely. Will it be enough to take us to the tourney? Maybe. It seems Crean's programs really begin to see traction around year 3-4 though, so it wouldn't shock me to see us make a run at the SEC a few years from now. He's a good enough coach to make us more than respectable, but he doesn't bend much. He'll pound and pound and pound that square peg until that mf'er fits into that round hole. But once it fits, it usually fits nicely.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JC43

KyCatFan1

Heisman
May 6, 2002
30,867
31,594
113
You take away the Dwayne Wade years and his record at Marquette wasn't really anything to write home about. I believe he had double digit loss seasons every year minus those 2 and lost in the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament when he did make it the other years. Even one of the Wade years they lost in the 1st round. He also had a few NIT's and no postseason in another year (which is probably closer to the norm for him).

I would have been very upset if we hired a guy coming off of 3 straight opening weekend losses in the NCAA Tournament and had just finished 6th in his conference his last 2 years there. I'm glad IU was dumb enough to hire him and stick with him to long waiting on "the movement" to come to fruition. Maybe if he can keep all of the best players instate at Georgia, he might get to the Sweet Sixteen level at best like at IU.
 

Flipflopsandsocks

All-Conference
Aug 20, 2018
2,506
2,894
0
That's just what people like you can't comprehend, Georgia could care less about having a coach do hall of fame things for them. My goodness, is it really that hard to grasp?
My goodness, I never said Georgia fans cared about a coach doing Hall of Fame things. Georgia do want to win though and Tom Crean sucks.
 

ib4ky_rivals111873

All-Conference
Dec 18, 2005
1,323
2,302
113
LOL Edwards could care less. He didnt go there to win as that honestly had to be the last thing on his mind to choose top 5 UK and top 20 FSU over that crap show. He will be able to do whatever he wants and take as many shots as he wants . Just like Langford at IU this season. Like I said by choosing UGA over those other 2 schools he showed what kind of kid he is , which doesn't mean he is bad kid at all in fact he probably is a wonderful kid , but he ain't winner. Which tons of basketball players aren't . Hell we have had some on UK .
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR KSR Happy Hour: Previewing Big Blue Madness, Kentucky vs. South Carolina
  2. 02 KSR Football Toughness is the Standard for Tegra Tshabola and the Kentucky Offensive Line
  3. 03 KSR Basketball N'Diaye and McBride are competing for minutes, but making each other better every day
  4. 04 KSR Football Kentucky's Blocking Boyer Proves He's an Elite Pass-Catcher
  5. 05 KSR Basketball UK announces details for Saturday's post-Big Blue Madness Fan Fest event