TV for the game?

TBCat

Heisman
Mar 30, 2007
14,317
10,332
0
Oh wow I'm actually going to see 4 minutes of the first half. Muther F'in ESPN.
 

Glenn's Take

Heisman
May 20, 2012
13,005
15,303
113
If you don't know what a Roku (Firestick is basically the same thing but not exactly) here is what it is. I had to move in with my mother recently and she has Direct TV but she got rid of all of the sports channels before I moved in because they were too expensive so if I want to watch any of those channels I use the Roku. Since mom's Direct TV doesn't include ESPN, I use a friends password and login to access the app. The best way I found to describe it to her was that it was similar to a DVD player except that it also has live television. The Roku is your DVD player and the apps are your DVD. Netflix is basically a DVD that goes in the Roku. It's just one hell of a DVD that has thousands of movies on it. The same thing goes for the ESPN app. You download it to it and then you access it through there.
And if you think you are too old and technologically knowledgeable to use it, I call bull crap. My mother said the same thing for a few years and I let it go. Then dad fell and broke his hip a year and a half ago and was in a rehab facility for 8 weeks. He also had dimentia and the only thing he could stay focused on was the show Blue Bloods. Once that happened it took mom about 20 minutes to figure it out. You aren't too dumb to use it, you just don't have the proper motivation.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/roku-s...-1II-msfGPzURONwK_xoCISQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
 

CB3UK

Hall of Famer
Apr 15, 2012
64,956
109,088
78
JFC can we pin a thread for the hundreds of people who dont know how streaming works yet or how to Google tv channels already.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR KSR Today: Looking ahead to a busy weekend for UK Athletics
  2. 02 KSR Basketball Michael Kidd-Gilchrist shares heartwarming 2026 UK Hall of Fame speech: 'I tried my hardest, but now look at me.'
  3. 03 KSR Football Kentucky vs. South Carolina Availability Report: UK May Miss DJ Miller
  4. 04 KSR Football Kenny Minchey has pundits split after four games
  5. 05 KSR Football 4 Things You Need to Know from the Will Stein Show