Tulsa Restaurant

rocket1825

Senior
Sep 15, 2007
381
492
37
My wife and I are coming to Tulsa tomorrow (from OKC) for the James Taylor Concert. Staying near the BOK Center. Any restaurant suggestions semi-close to BOK would be appreciated. Not concerned about cost, but keep in mind we will be dressed semi-causal (nice shorts/nice shirt). Thanks!
 
Dec 22, 2013
32,858
41,524
113
My wife and I are coming to Tulsa tomorrow (from OKC) for the James Taylor Concert. Staying near the BOK Center. Any restaurant suggestions semi-close to BOK would be appreciated. Not concerned about cost, but keep in mind we will be dressed semi-causal (nice shorts/nice shirt). Thanks!

Nice: Juniper, trending towards expensive, but not outrageous. You can dress semi-casual.
 

ells2090

Senior
Feb 2, 2005
1,257
537
66
The Tavern would be another good choice.

I would lean more towards the Brady district...Tavern (already mentioned), Sisserou's (Caribbean), and Laffa (Medi-eastern). The Prairie Prewbub is a cool new spot and I've only had appetizers there but have heard good things about entrees. Valkyrie is great for cocktails and the new Saturn Room is an interesting experience as you feel like you've walked into a vintage tiki bar.

Places get busy on concert nights
 
Dec 22, 2013
32,858
41,524
113
I would lean more towards the Brady district...Tavern (already mentioned), Sisserou's (Caribbean), and Laffa (Medi-eastern). The Prairie Prewbub is a cool new spot and I've only had appetizers there but have heard good things about entrees. Valkyrie is great for cocktails and the new Saturn Room is an interesting experience as you feel like you've walked into a vintage tiki bar.

Places get busy on concert nights

Valkyrie IS great for cocktails and the last time I was there about 3 weeks ago they were super friendly and had dropped the ultra hipster aloof business model (they are still hipsters). Prairie is really new and awesome! They also have good food; but it will be packed I'd assume.

Another cocktail choice very close to the BOK Center is Mix Co. Quite similar to Valkyrie really, although they have previously been friendlier. If you like top quality cocktails Valkyrie or Mix Co. are the choice. (I've not yet been to Saturn room).
 

Cowguy

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
12,580
2,666
0
I would lean more towards the Brady district...Tavern (already mentioned), Sisserou's (Caribbean), and Laffa (Medi-eastern). The Prairie Prewbub is a cool new spot and I've only had appetizers there but have heard good things about entrees. Valkyrie is great for cocktails and the new Saturn Room is an interesting experience as you feel like you've walked into a vintage tiki bar.

Places get busy on concert nights

We really enjoyed Sisserou's on our one visit. Finally getting some variety down there.
 

SquinkY5786

Heisman
Dec 21, 2005
48,219
57,491
68
Valkyrie IS great for cocktails and the last time I was there about 3 weeks ago they were super friendly and had dropped the ultra hipster aloof business model (they are still hipsters). Prairie is really new and awesome! They also have good food; but it will be packed I'd assume.

Another cocktail choice very close to the BOK Center is Mix Co. Quite similar to Valkyrie really, although they have previously been friendlier. If you like top quality cocktails Valkyrie or Mix Co. are the choice. (I've not yet been to Saturn room).
Speaking of hipsters, anyone tried Bohemian Pizzeria?
 
Jun 11, 2001
25,746
30,204
68
We were in Tulsa this weekend and ate at the Speakeasy. I'm not sure that's even its name bc it has no signage. It's in the alley next to Valkyrie. Very cool place, great food.
 

rocket1825

Senior
Sep 15, 2007
381
492
37
We ended up taking the recommendation for The Tavern. Thought it was very good (actually, the calamari with corn meal was excellent). Thanks for the help!
 

ells2090

Senior
Feb 2, 2005
1,257
537
66
We were in Tulsa this weekend and ate at the Speakeasy. I'm not sure that's even its name bc it has no signage. It's in the alley next to Valkyrie. Very cool place, great food.
You're referring to Bull in the Alley. I agree. Had the porterhouse and it was very good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: squeak
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  3. 03 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight