Tulsa Fans

NWADawg

Senior
May 4, 2016
1,231
732
113
I just looked at the TU board to see what they were saying about the matchup. They think they got hosed to have to play such a crappy SEC team. They think they deserve a better team and basically consider the game already a tulsa win.

I hope we run the score up on these idiots.

Some also think Cincy will beat Georgia so the AAC can go 2-0 against the SEC.
 

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,010
1,978
113
Always remember that Tulsa spelled backwards is “a slut.”

Actually, that’s what I want to submit for the upvote/downvote.

A slut/Tulsa
 

hailstate19

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2015
1,190
41
48
We’re not a great SEC team by any stretch of the imagination, but we will kick their ***.

they haven’t beat a team with a pulse all season. Maybe navy but that it.
 
Last edited:

boatsandhoes

Junior
Sep 6, 2012
2,151
208
63
That’s ok. The best way to shut them up is to whip that ***.

I’ve seen us play miami (oh) in the St. Pete bowl and poop our pants so there’s that possibility.
 

HomeBoyDawg

All-Conference
Oct 22, 2013
1,419
1,381
93
i just hope our coaches and team give it 100% as I think of 2012 vs. Northwestern, 2018 vs. Iowa, and 2019 vs. Louisville.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,815
113
That’s ok. The best way to shut them up is to whip that ***.

I’ve seen us play miami (oh) in the St. Pete bowl and poop our pants so there’s that possibility.

But we also shut USF up in the Liberty Bowl, when most State fans didn't even know we were supposed to lose. Rudest opposing fans ever, including OM's.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,514
31,755
113
I think so too. A lot of winning a bowl game is wanting to be there in the first place. And I think our guys want to be there. I think we’ll win this game.
 
Sep 25, 2013
1,627
0
0
I just looked at the TU board to see what they were saying about the matchup. They think they got hosed to have to play such a crappy SEC team. They think they deserve a better team and basically consider the game already a tulsa win.

I hope we run the score up on these idiots.

Some also think Cincy will beat Georgia so the AAC can go 2-0 against the SEC.

If we just play average we will beat them by multiple touchdowns. If our OL plays like they did the first part of the year we can’t beat an fcs school though, so we can lose, but I don’t expect that with their average g5 DL.
 
Sep 25, 2013
1,627
0
0
So Tulsa is favored by 2 1/2, sounds like Vegas disagrees, about a total mismatch.

They lost 2 games (and would have lost 3 if the referees were competent at all) in a shortened g5 schedule where they played a lot of really close games against a lot of really mediocre g5 teams. They are not a good football team at all compared to the teams we have played against all year.
 

MaroonOldCrow

Senior
Aug 22, 2012
586
479
63
That was UCF and they were crap talkers.


They were high on their running back Kevin Smith, who wore #24 and they called "24K". We had several of them telling us how 24K was going to run all over us. I just smiled and told them, "Yeah, we have a running back that wears #24, too. His name is Boobie."
 

Mjoelner

All-Conference
Sep 2, 2006
2,729
1,211
113
I went to a UCF message board before that game to see what they were saying. The only discussions I saw about the game wasn't about the play on the field. It was about how they hoped the cameras focused on their fans cheering and doing some chant. Gave me the impression that their fans are like those softball girls that stand in front of the dugout and do nothing but cheer and dance the whole game like people came to see that instead of the game.

Before we beat the greatest and bestest RB ever in the history of college football in that bowl game, we also beat the greatest and bestest QB in the history of college football, Dante Culpepper, in Starkville one year.
 

hailstate19

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2015
1,190
41
48
That was UCF and they were crap talkers.

They are a pretty dumb. I really wanted to see them get to the playoffs that one year they went undefeated. Would have loved to see Bama beat them by about 45 or so and shut them up for good. They declared themself national campions. They played nobody all year with one good win over Auburn. The rest were total cupcakes. A mediocre SEC team could easily go undefeated nearly every year with that type of schedule. It’s such a joke they want to talk smack lol.
 
Last edited:

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
I just looked at the TU board to see what they were saying about the matchup. They think they got hosed to have to play such a crappy SEC team. They think they deserve a better team and basically consider the game already a tulsa win.

I hope we run the score up on these idiots.

Some also think Cincy will beat Georgia so the AAC can go 2-0 against the SEC.

Their linebacker just won the Nagurski trophy. We will be lucky to score.
 

TulsaLawDawg

Sophomore
Aug 24, 2012
653
144
43
That may be a message board consensus but that’s not really the vibe here. I live in Tulsa. I got my undergrad at State but my Masters and Law degrees are from Tulsa. I also teach at the law school part time.

The real public consensus is that they are excited to play us bc they generally feel this is a good shot to win against an SEC team. Unlike Michigan in the gator bowl, the overwhelming majority of TU (university of Tulsa but goes by TU due to proximity with Texas) fans would rather beat State than lose to Alabama. They get to play OU and OSU every other year.
 

J-Dawg

Junior
Mar 4, 2009
2,232
325
83
Their fans were horrible. I don’t remember much about the game, mainly how rude they were funneling into the stadium for the game. Had several try to start fights with our group, and one even took a swing. My buddy grabbed him by the throat and shoved him into a column before a larger group of state fans stepped between and diffused the situation.

They have serious Napoleon syndrome.
 

MedDawg

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
5,548
1,107
113
One objective source (Sagarin) has State ranked #37 and Tulsa ranked #47.
 

FISHDAWG

Redshirt
Dec 27, 2009
2,077
0
36
Spell checker. **

Yeah, I know it was UCF - not sure why I typed US. At any rate, the fans were terrible.

so was the Venue ... and the town ... and the lack of crowd / traffic control ..... never going back there again
 

Ranchdawg

All-Conference
Dec 13, 2012
4,735
4,013
113
I'm sure they don't relish the thought of losing to a 3-7 team which I believe will happen. Losing to a 9-2 team wouldn't sting as bad.
 

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,662
19,426
113
I'm sure they don't relish the thought of losing to a 3-7 team which I believe will happen. Losing to a 9-2 team wouldn't sting as bad.

I agree. I wonder what their record would be playing our schedule. They are 6-2 with thier schedule.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,514
31,755
113
Well, they would have beat Vandy and Mizzou, and maybe Arkansas. But that's probably about it.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor