The question will be can he recruit without the lure of Mark Turgeon or Tubby
as the head coach. Can he draw kids to his program on his name?
He and Kwanza Johnson darned sure didn't the first time around...That may
well have been the worst recruiting staff we have had in my memory....I made
it up to Tulsa and watched a couple of pick-up games before Caleb Green's
HS senior year at that sports complex on So. Memorial that doesn't exist any
more....I was stunned when we didn't take him....That recruiting decision may
have been our worst ever..(although I can remember a couple of others :joy
I keep wondering if Haith&Co. will ever land the 'Big One' that will tilt the
recruiting dial in our favor....I think you are more likely to find gold with under
recruited HS seniors (Dante Swanson, K. Johnson, Shaq, 'Juice', etal) than
ending up with over-recruited JUCOs.....