Trustmark Park Streaming/TV

Dec 3, 2008
4,034
379
83
I know all the Jackson Metro Dawgs will disagree with me on this, but if this game can’t be streamed, then I would rather us be in Starkville playing UAB or Memphis.

I’m not sure what the deal is. I know our game at Autozone Park against Memphis a few years ago was on tv. Last year I was able to stream the game against Texas Tech at MGM Park in Biloxi.

Pretty ridiculous that’s it’s 2021 and we will have no video options to watch in this game.
 
Last edited:

msudawg12

Senior
Dec 9, 2008
3,966
714
113
Nah. This game and the governors cup are always a blast in person. The game isnt played for the streamers...
 

Dawg1979

Redshirt
Jun 23, 2015
1,546
0
0
i agree with Req, let the people who don't live in MS watch it.

but it was always a blast going as well. but so are every other game we play. every game is great fun in person, doesn't mean because i'm not there, i'm not wanting to be.
 
Dec 3, 2008
4,034
379
83
Nah. This game and the governors cup are always a blast in person. The game isnt played for the streamers...

My first memories of MSU baseball are going to the Mayor’s Trophy at Smith-Wills with my mom and dad, so I don’t disagree. However, it’s 2021, video of this game should be available on some platform.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,876
17,130
113
Nah. This game and the governors cup are always a blast in person. The game isnt played for the streamers...
Absolutely a blast in person, but I’m not driving from Memphis for a Wednesday night game. Shirley streaming options aren’t keeping locals from buying tickets. Why not have a streamable option?
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
The Governor’s Cup has been on TV intermittently throughout the years. I distinctly remember watching Luke Alexander’s walk off on TV after they intentionally walked Mangum to put the winning run on base.

Don’t recall the USM game ever being on TV though, which is a shame. If it were later in the year when basketball is over and the SEC needs midweek programming then it might have gotten picked up by the SEC Network.

The problem with these college games in Pearl, as I understand it and unless something has changed in recent years, is that the M-Braves don’t really have anything to do with this for whatever reason. Whatever school is the home team in the past was responsible for providing the PA, official scorer, you name it. So I would assume they don’t offer any TV production for that reason too and leave it up to the schools or a network to do everything. Probably difficult for the schools to broadcast a game away from their home base so it just never happens. Conversely, for the Biloxi games the Shuckers have been running that, hence why the Texas Tech games last year were available on streaming with the Shuckers announcers calling it.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,702
12,431
113
The Braves can't even get concessions and beer sales done efficiently, no way they could ever get a tv stream going successfully.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
The Governor’s Cup has been on TV intermittently throughout the years. I distinctly remember watching Luke Alexander’s walk off on TV after they intentionally walked Mangum to put the winning run on base.

Don’t recall the USM game ever being on TV though, which is a shame. If it were later in the year when basketball is over and the SEC needs midweek programming then it might have gotten picked up by the SEC Network.

The problem with these college games in Pearl, as I understand it and unless something has changed in recent years, is that the M-Braves don’t really have anything to do with this for whatever reason. Whatever school is the home team in the past was responsible for providing the PA, official scorer, you name it. So I would assume they don’t offer any TV production for that reason too and leave it up to the schools or a network to do everything. Probably difficult for the schools to broadcast a game away from their home base so it just never happens. Conversely, for the Biloxi games the Shuckers have been running that, hence why the Texas Tech games last year were available on streaming with the Shuckers announcers calling it.

That was not the case a couple of years ago when we played in Biscuits Stadium. They were happy to have us there and treated it like any ordinary Biscuits game. I was really hoping that would become a normal bi-annual thing. Alabama State brought a great crowd and the place was full.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?