Transfer Portal Question

CoolDawg

Redshirt
Oct 20, 2013
522
0
0
I just read where another college football player at an SEC school had entered the transfer portal. I pose the following question for those of you that keep up with and understand the subject much better than I do. What is the advantage of entering the transfer portal during the middle of the season and the semester? Given that the NCAA has said that this year will not count against anyone's eligibility, why don't these players just stick around, stay on their teams, and wait to see how the remainder of their season goes before declaring their intent to transfer?
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar