Tradition Smoot Started Last Night

Oct 31, 2007
519
0
0
I'm didn't see this anywhere but if it's Germanic I doapologize. But, Smooth started a new tradition last night at Cowbell Yell. He had everyone practice saying "Hail State" right after the announcer says "First Down, Mississippi State."
 

benatmsu

Junior
May 28, 2007
2,412
259
83
I agree. There's nothing worse than forced "traditions". I like what they're trying to do - get everyone involved - but I've always hated when Ole Miss and Arkansas did that, and I'll hate it when we do it. It comes off as cheesy.
 

MeridianDog

Freshman
Sep 3, 2008
3,226
80
48
I bet you a nickel that the tradition (if one actually starts) will be to yell, "Hell Yes"

If nothing, I know my fellow man
 
Nov 5, 2010
926
0
0
I not for this "tradition", but good golly, let's not yell "hell yeah" andsound like a drunken frat boy when a girl starts grinding on him.
"Hail State" should be sufficient. I could only imagine the student section yelling anything less than that and it being somewhat funny.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  3. 03 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Recruiting JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State