TN coaching update...

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,701
24,567
113
I know things are not all sunshine and roses right now in Happy Valley, but James Franklin would be a <17ing> fool to take that job.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,891
17,168
113
I hear Andy Reid accepted the job

But UT changed their mind after he requested to work out his 2 week notice at his current job.
 
Sep 25, 2013
1,627
0
0
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...Ccj874yZtvjtJAjGLu-Wzus1NwlGx7ncuwJdDmyTKJ-vg


Low said he thinks Clemson OC Tony Elliott and SMU head coach Sonny Dykes are candidates to watch. He also added that he believes current Penn State head coach James Franklin would be a home run hire:

Vol's fans are not happy with these 3.


Tennessee has at least one huge name associated with it every single time the job comes open and they have hired an assistant or g5 coach every single one of those times. That job isn’t what they all think it is.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
I’m confused on why people are down on Franklin? I mean did he get cancelled?

He’s been pretty damn good the last 5 years minus Covid year. In Covid year he started terrible but finished with 4 straight wins.

I’m not saying he is a top 5 coach but if penn state is thinking abt firing him for his coaching record as it stands now, they are really dumb.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,320
6,711
113
They hired a real Gump last time. No, not an Alabama coach, but someone who is from the Gump family. Thinking they are going to improve with all this NCAA **** is comical. They are going down, down.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
I am buddies with a local radio host here. He is 100% convinced that it's Lane. And he does talk to the right people on this.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
I was pretty surprised the got White to take the AD job. He left UCF and beautiful Orlando for this ? Must have been a huge raise.
 

uptowndawg

All-Conference
Jul 15, 2010
2,243
1,049
113
I heard that the new AD was in talks with Saban but the UT fans didn’t like the idea because the fact that he was entertaining other employment meant that he may not be as loyal to his current gig as they would want.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,514
31,753
113
At best, you'd be dealing with a huge split in the fanbase with that hire. And with Tennessee's NCAA issues, I don't know why he'd take that job over the one he's got now.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,514
31,753
113
It's the off field stuff with Franklin. 4 Vandy players raped an unconscious woman. It is widely believed that Franklin tried to cover it up. It is also alleged that he tried to talk a Penn St. player out of going to the police about a fight with another player where he had a knife pulled on him.
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
I’m confused on why people are down on Franklin? I mean did he get cancelled?

He’s been pretty damn good the last 5 years minus Covid year. In Covid year he started terrible but finished with 4 straight wins.

I’m not saying he is a top 5 coach but if penn state is thinking abt firing him for his coaching record as it stands now, they are really dumb.

Penn State fans hate him. Then you have the whole rape deal at Vandy and more issues at Penn State. He's a ****** human.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor