This Kylin Hill situation is so strange....

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,864
3,028
113
Leach is indicating that its all up to Hill to let him know what he's doing. I don't understand how a guy can leave the team, stop practicing, never contact the coaching staff, and still somehow be on the roster. In the workplace that is called abandoning your position and it's considered a voluntary termination. I appreciate Kylin's contribution to our program and consider him a Bulldog for life but Leach needs to put an end to this. If it is truly up to Kylin then Leach needs to tell Kylin what he will face if he comes back then insist that Kylin make a decision one way or the other. If he won't then he already has and we announce it, wish him well, and move on.
 

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,161
9,506
113
I suspect Hill knows full well what he must do to return to the team in a meaningful role and refuses. Leach is not going to make any statements about Hill, being that Hill obviously isn't communicating and he certainly isn't going to give Hill the headline that Kylin wants so that he can then play the victim. I like the approach. Nothing changed. Hill isn't playing until he meets Leach's requirements. Leach is content to leave it at that and let Kylin decide when to try to be an adult and communicate.
 

Shmuley

Heisman
Mar 6, 2008
24,337
12,325
113
One wonders what the rest of the team feels about this nonsense.
 

Hail State

Sophomore
Dec 27, 2009
467
109
43
Cohen has pretty much chopped blocked Leach. If he speaks freely about the situation he’ll be reprimanded. Cohen’s dumbass reaction (two weeks after it was a non story, mind you) to the infamous tweet is why we’re now placating these cancers.
 
Feb 23, 2008
1,708
0
0
Make no mistake of who's pulling the strings on this.

Cohen isn't going to let Hill go down as being kicked off the team. Not after causing every athletic official in the entire state to drop what they're doing and run to Jackson in the midst of a pandemic. Wouldn't be PC enough for Cohen and trust me, he cares deeply of what his friends would think.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,615
31,898
113
It may be as simple as the offer to let Hill back on the team is he apologizes to Leach and his teammates is still on the table and Hill still hasn't apologized.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
I don't think its nearly that complicated. I think Kylin played his diva card and showed his *** and instead of backing him Leach called him on being disruptive. Probly pointed out that he takes himself out every other play and dances too much. I'm sure Hill has never heard such honesty and Leach told him to apologize to the team and Kylin walked away. Leach has no reason to do anything. Its his decision to make amends and be more team oriented or not. I would imagine Cohen would prefer Leach bend over backwards for him but he ain't gonna do that
 

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,696
14,563
113
I would imagine Cohen would prefer Leach bend over backwards for him but he ain't gonna do that


I'm not around the athletic department in any fashion, I'm merely a fan two states away. But, I don't understand these type of sentiments given what kind of coach Cohen was himself. Can someone explain this line of thinking to me?
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
Cohen is fairly progressive or left leaning and I suspect he doesn't want this to look bad on our culture in any way. Leach I am assuming sets rules and doesn't care if the players walk out or not. I don't know any of this either tho. I would say patdog is exactly right tho
 

The Fatboy

Senior
Oct 18, 2005
2,782
744
83
Cohen doesn't vote the same as them so therefore he is a *****. Thats where these sentiments come from.
 
Jan 1, 2020
525
0
0
Cohen has pretty much chopped blocked Leach. If he speaks freely about the situation he’ll be reprimanded. Cohen’s dumbass reaction (two weeks after it was a non story, mind you) to the infamous tweet is why we’re now placating these cancers.

His *** will be in the unemployment line soon unless Leach can get this off the ground.
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,864
3,028
113
Cohen isn't going to let Hill go down as being kicked off the team. Not after causing every athletic official in the entire state to drop what they're doing and run to Jackson in the midst of a pandemic. Wouldn't be PC enough for Cohen and trust me, he cares deeply of what his friends would think.

Well, that makes some sense that his departure is a foregone conclusion and this current nonsense is just gamesmanship to see who blinks. I suppose if the season ends with this stalemate they can both characterize it their way. I just think it would be better for everyone if they just got together and state that after discussing the matter they reached a mutual agreement that it was best for Kylin to move on and focus on the draft. Keeping this going like this is not a good look for either side.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
I'm not around the athletic department in any fashion, I'm merely a fan two states away. But, I don't understand these type of sentiments given what kind of coach Cohen was himself. Can someone explain this line of thinking to me?
Good question. It's almost as if he has two different standards for two groups of people. Hmmmm......

Which is funny considering Cohen demolished the baseball program and rebuilt it, just like Leach obviously wants to do to the football program. I personally think Cohen didn't think he needed to do this, as Moorhead had already built a foundation for a passing team. I also personally think that Cohen knows he has screwed himself with the Leach hire. That foundation is eroding away.

I would imagine a lot of that 'progressive' thought is being pushed by Cohen's wife. Obviously that also doesn't mesh with Leach's line of thought.
 

DeltaChicagoDog

Redshirt
Sep 30, 2018
163
0
16
You don't pay a guy 5m a year to micromanage him. Leach wished Hill well, what else is needed? Also, the apparent need for some to have a big bad bogeyman in their life would be comical if it weren't so childish. Life is complex, accept that it's not always as simple blaming a one person and getting rid of them. Fire 8, fire the coach, fire the AD, fire the university president. We'll never get out of the SEC basement like that.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
I doubt Cohen is a *****. I guarantee you is a lot more political than Leach tho. But I'm no insider, never claimed to be. I'm just guessing. From what I have read and observed of Leach he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him and does what he perceives to be in the best interest of the team.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,689
12,206
113
I guarantee you is a lot more political than Leach tho.
Wut? One publicly endorsed a presidential candidate one didn't. I don’t care either. Win games and you can endorse whoever the hell you want to. That’s your decision to make.
 

Carbaryl

Redshirt
Aug 15, 2013
1,458
0
0
I suspect Hill knows full well what he must do to return to the team in a meaningful role and refuses. Leach is not going to make any statements about Hill, being that Hill obviously isn't communicating and he certainly isn't going to give Hill the headline that Kylin wants so that he can then play the victim. I like the approach. Nothing changed. Hill isn't playing until he meets Leach's requirements. Leach is content to leave it at that and let Kylin decide when to try to be an adult and communicate.

Hill never had an option to return to the program.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
I think you got the wrong message. By political I mean concerned about how things are perceived and how it reflects on MSU as in politically correct, empathetic to our players, understanding, etc. Being political....ie say the "right thing" whether you mean it or not.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,689
12,206
113
I think you got the wrong message. By political I mean concerned about how things are perceived and how it reflects on MSU as in politically correct, empathetic to our players, understanding, etc. Being political....ie say the "right thing" whether you mean it or not.
Gotcha! I’ll agree with that.
 

BlueRidgeMtns

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2016
5,538
3,407
113
I mean, does anyone really know what happened? All we know for sure is he's not meeting whatever Leach's/the team's requirement may be.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
All I heard was a rumor that he blew up in the locker room after the Kentucky game and supposedly came to blows with some linemen about sorry blocking. Which I could sure understand. But Leach supposedly reprimanded him or had some conditions he had to meet to be allowed back on the team or something. Guess Kylin said 17 that. Which I agree that players need discipline but at the same time the line does suck. Massively. I read all those rumors on this board so I'm just repeating rumors
 
Feb 19, 2013
1,273
409
83
I think you got the wrong message. By political I mean concerned about how things are perceived and how it reflects on MSU as in politically correct, empathetic to our players, understanding, etc. Being political....ie say the "right thing" whether you mean it or not.

I think the word that you're looking for is 'diplomatic.'
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar