This Fourcade guy

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,634
7,880
113
I’ve seen his name pop up numerous times over the years, but he must’ve been just before my time because I don’t know much about him. Can y’all fill me in on some things he did to make him king douchebag out of a sea of OM douchebags?
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,853
2,988
113
I’ve seen his name pop up numerous times over the years, but he must’ve been just before my time because I don’t know much about him. Can y’all fill me in on some things he did to make him king douchebag out of a sea of OM douchebags?

Are you serious or did you forget the sarcasterisks? Fourcade was a cocky coonass who was forever running his mouth. What forever singled him out as a hated rebel was his role in the back end of the Dick Pace game. He threw the wounded duck that was intercepted and pace called interference despite the DB not getting within 3 feet of the receiver. Fourcade took the ball into the endzone on a keeper on the next play then ran down our sideline taunting our team. I think the only thing that kept him from getting killed was we were still in shock.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,523
16,273
113
Since you asked...imagine combining a person with max level OM entitlement syndrome with a person that has max level coonass social aggression.
 

Dawg1979

Redshirt
Jun 23, 2015
1,546
0
0
Since you asked...imagine combining a person with max level OM entitlement syndrome with a person that has max level coonass social aggression.

best way to describe it. YES! Douchebag doesn't even get close to this male chicken sucker
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,954
2,349
113
Everyone wanted to throttle Dick Pace who admitted quickly after the game that he blew the call, but never admitted being paid off. Before he died he tried to lobby for changes in the system for choosing conference game refs. GUILT!
Fourcade won three of his four games against State, each time against arguably the some of the best defensive starters to ever play at State. In each of those games we failed to put Ole Miss away early.
By letting them hang around, Fourcade always proved more lucky than good against us. But he damn sure got lucky.
He ended up in the CFL for most of his pro career, but did end up winning a couple games for the Saints in the NFL after replacing Bobby Herbert late one season.
 

Leeshouldveflanked

All-American
Nov 12, 2016
14,591
9,725
113
Me and John “dated” the same girl for a time....I left a much “bigger” impression on her than he did 😂
 

xxxWalkTheDawg

Redshirt
Oct 21, 2005
4,262
0
25
Are you serious or did you forget the sarcasterisks? Fourcade was a cocky coonass who was forever running his mouth. What forever singled him out as a hated rebel was his role in the back end of the Dick Pace game. He threw the wounded duck that was intercepted and pace called interference despite the DB not getting within 3 feet of the receiver. Fourcade took the ball into the endzone on a keeper on the next play then ran down our sideline taunting our team. I think the only thing that kept him from getting killed was we were still in shock.


Didn’t he.. ahem.. offer his services as UM head coach after Orgeron was canned? I think that got a big LOL from everyone.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,634
7,880
113
Thanks and yes, it was a serious question since I really wasn’t old enough to start following MSU sports until around ‘89.

I just googled him, and the picture that came up is pretty much exactly what I would’ve envisioned based on everything y’all have said
 

dorndawg

Heisman
Sep 10, 2012
9,355
10,682
113
Me and John “dated” the same girl for a time....I left a much “bigger” impression on her than he did 


 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,853
2,988
113
He also had a little brother that played linebacker for mississippi named keith I believe. He shared the douchbag gene with his brother as I recall. What I remember most about him was an egg bowl where they won the toss and he screwed it up so that we received the ball to open both halves. Wore them out like a rented mule. I think that was the same day as infamous Cal/Stanford game where the band came out on the field.
 

Leeshouldveflanked

All-American
Nov 12, 2016
14,591
9,725
113
He also had a little brother that played linebacker for mississippi named keith I believe. He shared the douchbag gene with his brother as I recall. What I remember most about him was an egg bowl where they won the toss and he screwed it up so that we received the ball to open both halves. Wore them out like a rented mule. I think that was the same day as infamous Cal/Stanford game where the band came out on the field.
Keith and John came to Rosebloom MS one weekend to play some slow pitch softball while they were in college....they were pretty good, but their team didn’t win the tournament...but they were definitely running their mouths...
 

Bill Shankly

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2020
2,095
0
0
I was siting 10 rows up right above the interference play. I've never seen a call that bad before or since. What Fourcade did after the TD he denys......but it happened. I've also never seen more fights between rival fans after a game.
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,954
2,349
113
I was siting 10 rows up right above the interference play. I've never seen a call that bad before or since. What Fourcade did after the TD he denys......but it happened. I've also never seen more fights between rival fans after a game.

This is a fact. That memorial stadium parking lot was as wild as the aftermath of MSU-Tulsa game, but with women children and lots of alcohol.
 

coach66

Junior
Mar 5, 2009
12,710
332
83
I was at a big party in Oxford one night

And he was present. I’ve never seen someone
Do so much to draw attention to himself. Super loud obnoxious fellow with no class. He decided he was going to pick up one of the most talented ladies there and asked her to dance. She shot him down and of course he got crucified by his jock pals and several others. His solution was to go off on the first available wall he could find. He did a lot of damage.
 

KingBarkus

Redshirt
May 1, 2006
1,142
24
38
We also got screwed by the PI rule as it was a spot file and not the 15 yards it is today. One of those infamous moments where you'll always remember where you were. For me, right in front of me. Thanks, God.
 
Last edited:

Crazy Cotton

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2012
3,954
1,781
113
My favorite Fourcade memory that I witnessed was when they played Southern Miss in Jackson, probably 1980. Ole miss is driving, Southern Miss intercepts, and the guy is running back untouched. Fourcade is the only one left, tries to cut him off, and got trucked for the pick six. Southern won the game. Cocky SOB, but so was our guy John Bond, so it was a fun time.
 

TNT.sixpack

Redshirt
Nov 4, 2014
819
43
28
Also during the Egg Bowl, he converted on a 4th and short late in the game and he walked out of his own huddle and up to the line of scrimmage where our defense was set and he waved his damn index finger at each lineman. No flag.
 

$altyDawg

Senior
Aug 30, 2018
1,321
590
113
I've never seen more whiskey bottles flying over my head onto a football field.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,493
113
Since you asked...imagine combining a person with max level OM entitlement syndrome with a person that has max level coonass social aggression.

Perfect description.

If Brad Lott and Ed Orgeron had a baby, it would be John Fourcade.
 

Bud.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 24, 2012
218
0
0
One of the things I remember about Fourcade, along with the other episodes you guys mentioned. Often when he would make a bad play, he would fall out on the field like he was hurt and let the medics come tote him off.
 

NTDawg

Senior
Mar 2, 2012
2,272
943
113
but did end up winning a couple games for the Saints in the NFL after replacing Bobby Herbert late one season.

If I remember correctly the Saints brought him as a "scab player" the year that the nfl players went on strike.

PS Just saw where Miketice already said this
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,954
2,349
113
One of the things I remember about Fourcade, along with the other episodes you guys mentioned. Often when he would make a bad play, he would fall out on the field like he was hurt and let the medics come tote him off.
two or three times in every big game. even the ole miss fans joked about it.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama