I thought it was a very good post and I agree that we need to change things up a bit and show different looks. We give up quite a few wide open looks from 3
Surprised we’ve actually won a game this year.
I think the post in its entirety was pretty fair, but I'll focus on this. Thru our first 20 or so games our defense on the pick and roll was elite. Then Zavier Simpson happened. And Coach Collins clearly watched the UM tape because Northwestern slipped that pick and roll pretty effectively as well.
I am not certain how you "retrain" a team's fundamental defensive principles in the midst of a terrific run, but I am watching how we defend the high screen and roll closely. It is quite possible, as @Good-Knight astutely points out, that our defense of the high screen has begun to become less effective than it was.
This has killed RU in the first half vs. OSU.Rutgers will let your guards shoot from the corners on a kick out pass. Rutgers guards chase the ball on the inside and cannot recover on a pass for the corner three.
The Knight Report
Rutgers vs Indiana odds: Point spread released on Scarlet Knights, Hoosiers
The Knight Report Football
Every throw from Rutgers Football QB Dylan Lonergan versus Howard
The Knight Report
Rutgers Football PFF Grades + Snap Counts versus Howard
The Knight Report
Rutgers Football Postgame Show: Howard Bison Edition - TKR Pod
On3 Football
How to Watch College Football: TV schedule, start times, streaming info for Week 4 games