Hit 18 of 34 threes and 3 of 10 free throws. Need to back up a few feet for free throws.
Previous record for a single game I believe was 14 in 2001.
Hope I am wrong but I see this team losing 7-8 games. I just don't see the intensity on defense or the carefulness with the basketball on offense needed to be truly elite. The talent is there and I really want to believe in Coach McCray-Penson but this is not Old Dominion. She has to prove herself all over again.
On a related note: Madison Hayes was a 5-star recruit right? She was brutal last night (1-5 FG 2 TO's 4 fouls). I don't know if they keep +/- stats for women but it seemed like Troy cut into our lead every time she came in the game. She seemed a bit slow and out of shape for a player that played guard in high school.
That’s just silly. How many freshmen play well consistently their first season? If you go back and watch games of any upper class player at state you’ll find brutal games. McCowan looked rough her first two seasons.
Cannot consistently give up 20+ offensive rebounds and expect to beat teams that can match up with us defensively. Rebounding and defense are as much or more intensity and effort related as they are skill. My perspective is probably skewed a bit by what I was accustomed to seeing for the past few years but I'm not feeling it yet with this team. Hopefully that will change.
Maroon and White
Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
Maroon and White
Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
Rivals Basketball Recruiting
Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
Maroon and White Football
"Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation