I hate it
Are you sure you posted to the right message board?I hate it
I think this is what he.was tslking about
Yeah, it was very vauge, but after hearing news like that, I guess some things are more important.Yes. We know. Counting yours, there are 3 other threads about it and all of them are a hell of a lot less vague, like all of us are having a Fox News watch party.
Like using more words?Yeah, it was very vauge, but after hearing news like that, I guess some things are more important.
Least surprising thing I have seen this month.I proudly watch Hannity
I never was a FOX regular but totally quit during COVID and haven't looked back. I was a news-a-holic for years with tv, radio, and print but during COVID I quit it all, even local news. It was so liberating. That's why I like X now, I only get the opinions of whom I choose to hear fromPeople still watch Hannity? I was a 20-year old student at MSU when I had an epiphany. Why am I so angry all the time? Oh, because I watch Hannity and O’Reilly every single night. Haven’t watched a second of FoxNews since and have been much happier for it. This was 20+ years ago.
I feel much better after leaving talk radio and political opinion television programming behind. Really good decision.People still watch Hannity? I was a 20-year old student at MSU when I had an epiphany. Why am I so angry all the time? Oh, because I watch Hannity and O’Reilly every single night. Haven’t watched a second of FoxNews since and have been much happier for it. This was 20+ years ago.
oh I thought you were making a long-game post about how 9/11 directly allowed Hannity to flourish and become the loon that he becameHannity had a segment on the tragedy at OM
I feel much better after leaving talk radio and political opinion television programming behind. Really good decision.
zero social media presence. This board is the closest medium to social media that I access.Now do yourself a favor and quit all social media and you'll feel even better.
I'm w/you rabbi. I gave it up about 5 or 6 years ago and didn't realize how much of my time and life I was wasting or how angry it made me. I'm much happier without it. Now the only thing I get to regularly ***** about is MSU sports and my electric bill.zero social media presence. This board is the closest medium to social media that I access.
fixedPeople still watch Hannity? I was a 20-year old student at MSU when I had an epiphany. Why am I so angry all the time? Oh, because I watch Hannity and O’Reilly every single night. Haven’t watched a second of any 24 hour News services since and have been much happier for it. This was 20+ years ago.
So you live in an echo chamber?That's why I like X now, I only get the opinions of whom I choose to hear from
This is accurate. Had the same epiphany about social media a couple years before COVID. Haven’t missed that either.fixed
Yep. 2005 through most of Obama admin I was consuming Hannity, Rush, Levine, and Ben Ferguson on whatever the Memphis conservative radio network is during my commute. Took many years but I eventually realized they were simply full of **** and only interested in selling outrage and grievance. It warps your outlook on everything constantly hearing that life sucks and it's "their" fault. The market to sell grievance is huge. If you're in the audience, remove yourself and you'll be happier for it.People still watch Hannity? I was a 20-year old student at MSU when I had an epiphany. Why am I so angry all the time? Oh, because I watch Hannity and O’Reilly every single night. Haven’t watched a second of FoxNews since and have been much happier for it. This was 20+ years ago.
Not sure exactly what you mean by that but I follow MSU Baseball, Will Clark, John Bond, Bart Gregory, Charlie Winfield, SixPackSpeak, Starkville in the 70's, MSU Police, Oktibbeha County Sheriffs Office, MSU Maroon Alert, Fox Weather, Her Royal Highness Lynn Spruill, Oktibbeha County EOC, MSU College Town, and that's it...............an MSU echo chamber I guess????So you live in an echo chamber?
Ha. Good point. Carry on.Not sure exactly what you mean by that but I follow MSU Baseball, Will Clark, John Bond, Bart Gregory, Charlie Winfield, SixPackSpeak, Starkville in the 70's, MSU Police, Oktibbeha County Sheriffs Office, MSU Maroon Alert, Fox Weather, Her Royal Highness Lynn Spruill, Oktibbeha County EOC, MSU College Town, and that's it...............an MSU echo chamber I guess????
Agreed. Talk radio is/was conservative rage bait. Social media is rage bait for all walks of the political spectrum.Yep. 2005 through most of Obama admin I was consuming Hannity, Rush, Levine, and Ben Ferguson on whatever the Memphis conservative radio network is during my commute. Took many years but I eventually realized they were simply full of **** and only interested in selling outrage and grievance. It warps your outlook on everything constantly hearing that life sucks and it's "their" fault. The market to sell grievance is huge. If you're in the audience, remove yourself and you'll be happier for it.
Wait - you aren't Rabbi Shmuley?zero social media presence. This board is the closest medium to social media that I access.
I check cnn and Fox News website daily. Anything they both report on I know is true.
Is your post satire?I never was a FOX regular but totally quit during COVID and haven't looked back. I was a news-a-holic for years with tv, radio, and print but during COVID I quit it all, even local news. It was so liberating.
That's why I like X now, I only get the opinions of whom I choose to hear from
Yep. Liberals aren't big on radio format but they still have their cable tv and social media presence. They sell a different type of grievance and rage but it's rage bait nonetheless. They all suck and exist to play on human emotions of fear and tendency to blame someone else for their problems.Agreed. Talk radio is/was conservative rage bait. Social media is rage bait for all walks of the political spectrum.
Yeah... instead, be sure to tune in to CNN this evening and hear today's new method the Trump administration is using to destroy democracy. Then flip over to catch Jimmy Kimmel!Yep. 2005 through most of Obama admin I was consuming Hannity, Rush, Levine, and Ben Ferguson on whatever the Memphis conservative radio network is during my commute. Took many years but I eventually realized they were simply full of **** and only interested in selling outrage and grievance. It warps your outlook on everything constantly hearing that life sucks and it's "their" fault. The market to sell grievance is huge. If you're in the audience, remove yourself and you'll be happier for it.
Could ya’ll help us out the next time someone opens a thread complaining that we locked their thread and whining that we don’t allow divisive political threads. You hit the nail on the head.I'm w/you rabbi. I gave it up about 5 or 6 years ago and didn't realize how much of my time and life I was wasting or how angry it made me. I'm much happier without it. Now the only thing I get to regularly ***** about is MSU sports and my electric bill.
No both sides have plenty. But both sides have been conditioned to feel like they are some kind of victim because victimhood sells and it's how we convince ourselves we are the good side of a 2 sided system.Yeah... instead, be sure to tune in to CNN this evening and hear today's new method the Trump administration is using to destroy democracy. Then flip over to catch Jimmy Kimmel!
You need to stay informed some way or another. Those with conservative values don't have quite as many choices as those with liberal ones.

It pains me to hear you struggle to locate outlets that allow you to stay informed due to you identifying as conservative.You need to stay informed some way or another. Those with conservative values don't have quite as many choices as those with liberal ones.
No both sides have plenty. But both sides have been conditioned to feel like they are some kind of victim because victimhood sells and it's how we convince ourselves we are the good side of a 2 sided system.
If you can't find a way to remain informed by conservative, liberal, and neutral sources, that's a you problem.
View attachment 1450960
Rivals Football Recruiting
WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
Maroon and White Football Recruiting
JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
Maroon and White Baseball
Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
Maroon and White Football Recruiting
"Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
Maroon and White Football
Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?