The Sharpe hype is re-emerging

roguemocha

All-American
Jan 30, 2007
12,943
6,587
0
I have lost most of my hate toward him but I will admit I still don't want to see him be successful or some awesome instant impact player either.
Well that’s rude. I don’t affiliate him with uk but I sure as hell don’t HOPE he has a bad career. What did he personally do to you? You’re talking about someone’s kid bro. Just let it go.
 

TFCat11

Heisman
Mar 25, 2019
6,319
11,694
108
This guy’s reputation consists of one or two good AAU tournaments. That’s it!

I’m just curious to see how he plans to fake his way to a second contract. I personally don’t think he’ll last that long.

When does he play his first real game? How long before he’s “injured” again? 😂
 

JRS_SC

All-Conference
Jan 2, 2003
2,108
1,467
98
I still hope he's an utter failure. I don't like seeing low character liars prosper. I don't wish him ill health or anything. Kid got paid. That's cool. I just hope he fails, and fails hard.
To the OP and anyone that liked this post, I hope you fail miserably at life (and it appears you already are based on wishing a kid I’ll will that did nothing to you). See how this works?
 

SemperFiCat

Heisman
Mar 2, 2009
14,566
30,005
0
To the OP and anyone that liked this post, I hope you fail miserably at life (and it appears you already are based on wishing a kid I’ll will that did nothing to you). See how this works?
I don't encourage liars, users, and people of low character that put money over reputation, honor and moral decency. You must be the other guy. I have zero cares for people that act that way. None. And I'm not ashamed to say I hope those types of people fail. ...I also said I didn't wish him ill health.
 

MakinMusic_rivals

All-Conference
Mar 21, 2006
10,724
3,609
66
It's preseason. Every draft pick is a perfect fit; every rookie guard is the next MJ; every coach likes his team; every player is healthy and optimistic; every GM thinks he's assembled the perfect team; lather, rinse repeat
Which is why sports talk radio and tv is virtually useless in off season. Not much better during the season. All just nonsense chatter to sell ads.
 

JST390-2

All-American
Nov 1, 2015
6,144
9,207
113


Played about 15 minutes …feeling his way around …defended well …looking forward to watching him grow …announcers commenting his athleticism is overwhelming
 
Last edited:

JST390-2

All-American
Nov 1, 2015
6,144
9,207
113
0 points and a single insane athletic play is a pretty good summary of the Shaedon Sharpe hype in general
He’s gonna be fine …he didn’t look overwhelmed …he looked like he belonged …you’re right he didn’t fill up the stat sheet …he hasn’t played in real games much for 18 months …give him time …looking forward to watching him progress
 

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,683
87,448
113
To the OP and anyone that liked this post, I hope you fail miserably at life (and it appears you already are based on wishing a kid I’ll will that did nothing to you). See how this works?
Thanks for the motivation! Now here is a response. I don’t give two F@cks what you or any rando on the internet thinks about my life or what happens in it like most normal people should!
 

chroix

Heisman
Jul 22, 2013
10,870
27,533
113
So you're the guy who publicly thinks it's wrong to make a moral judgment on anything?

When you get cut off in traffic, you're okay with that?

When someone cheats on your friend's wife, you're not throwing stones?

Your pastor preaches heresy, and you keep those stones in your pocket?

And so on and so forth?

I got a pocket full of rocks.
 
Oct 3, 2022
32
46
0
We care, clearly. Kid was one of the biggest travesties in program history and there's a lesson for Calipari to learn from the mistake, so it matters that the fan base never forgets.

If you don't like it; well, that's just too bad because we're never going to stop discussing it. Never.
After watching him in a summer league game and now 2 preseason games, playing him would have been a bigger travesty. He's an athlete and not much else at this point. He sure as hell wouldn't have earned PT off his basketball skills.
 

bassworship

Heisman
Nov 7, 2018
11,722
37,639
98
I don't encourage liars, users, and people of low character that put money over reputation, honor and moral decency. You must be the other guy. I have zero cares for people that act that way. None. And I'm not ashamed to say I hope those types of people fail. ...I also said I didn't wish him ill health.

I don't like what he did either but quit acting like you wouldn't have done the same thing when talking about millions of dollars.
 

kelzer

Senior
Nov 24, 2019
767
959
0
0 points and a single insane athletic play is a pretty good summary of the Shaedon Sharpe hype in general
I don't know how athletic that play was. I don't think the ball was even above the rim when he blocked it. Maybe just above the rim. At any rate, it doesn't look to me like Sharpe's that high up.
 

STL_Cat

Heisman
Dec 4, 2011
65,487
58,881
98
I don't like what he did either but quit acting like you wouldn't have done the same thing when talking about millions of dollars.
Refuse to play last year while I was sitting there on a Kentucky bench wearing a Kentucky uniform and eligible to play and my team needed me? You need to quit acting like everyone would have done what Shaedon Sharpe did. No they wouldn't have.
 

bassworship

Heisman
Nov 7, 2018
11,722
37,639
98
Refuse to play last year while I was sitting there on a Kentucky bench wearing a Kentucky uniform and eligible to play and my team needed me? You need to quit acting like everyone would have done what Shaedon Sharpe did. No they wouldn't have.

You can whine and cry all you want to but it changes nothing. He absolutely should have played last year and Cal should have made him but you would have jumped at the money too. Anyone on here would have.
 

SemperFiCat

Heisman
Mar 2, 2009
14,566
30,005
0
I don't like what he did either but quit acting like you wouldn't have done the same thing when talking about millions of dollars.
I would bet my eternal soul that I wouldn't have done what he did. For a plethora of reasons. I'm literally nothing like SS. Look, some people are different and have different priorities that drive them. It's whatever. My reputation, my honor, and my family name have a more value to me than a number in my bank account. I can promise I'm wired absolutely different than SS and folks like him. I was then, when I was his age, and I sure as hell am now after my military experience (and age in general) and knowing first hand the value of character. Different strokes for different folks.
 
Last edited:

STL_Cat

Heisman
Dec 4, 2011
65,487
58,881
98
You can whine and cry all you want to but it changes nothing. He absolutely should have played last year and Cal should have made him but you would have jumped at the money too. Anyone on here would have.
Maybe it's because we're typing to each other but understand that I am not whining and crying. YOU said anyone would do the same thing. It's not true. Jump for the money given the chance? Sure.

Basically you agree with me. You say he absolutely should have played. You also say Cal should have made him. I agree.

You are agreeing with us that he did NOT do what he should have done or what most would have done. So what are you arguing about here?
 

bassworship

Heisman
Nov 7, 2018
11,722
37,639
98
Maybe it's because we're typing to each other but understand that I am not whining and crying. YOU said anyone would do the same thing. It's not true. Jump for the money given the chance? Sure.

Basically you agree with me. You say he absolutely should have played. You also say Cal should have made him. I agree.

You are agreeing with us that he did NOT do what he should have done or what most would have done. So what are you arguing about here?

I agree with you completely. Kid should have played and Cal should have enforced it or kicked him off. I don't blame the kid for jumping at the money but I do blame the kid for lying and handling it the way he did.
 

JST390-2

All-American
Nov 1, 2015
6,144
9,207
113
I think pretty much everyone here is in agreement that the situation was handled horribly from SS decision to not playing and Cal's decision to not make him play given he was on the team.

I think where some differ is the amount of dislike they have about the guy.
Exactly …I became invested in him because of all the rhetoric being posted …first he was gonna play this year …then he was gonna lead us next season .
I do not understand the level of hate some of you have for the kid …first off, nobody knows exactly what was going on behind closed doors about his decision as to whether he was gonna play or not …who was calling the shots etc etc …I mean we just don’t know facts …all speculation …Cal trying to protect his name and his player …agents and parents trying to look out for the best benefit for their son/client …Sharpe just an 18 year old kid …and it is very obvious the shy personality is not an act …he is really a very shy kid.

Secondly, I posted the Lillard vid talking about Sharpe above …he is a highly respected NBA veteran …he said a lot of nice things about Shaedon but the main things I picked up on were …That, “Shaedon is a humble kid who listens well” …I’m pulling for the kid …
 

StormCruzzer

Senior
Dec 3, 2016
482
623
0
He’s gonna be fine …he didn’t look overwhelmed …he looked like he belonged …you’re right he didn’t fill up the stat sheet …he hasn’t played in real games much for 18 months …give him time …looking forward to watching him progress
Agreed. He's an incredible 1 on 1 player with insane athleticism and footwork. But he majorly lacks team basketball skills. Something he would have gained here at UK. That being said, as long as the kid isn't dumb as a brick he'll learn overtime. And in the meantime he'll coast along just fine with his current skillset. The one thing that was concerning about his timidness.. But then again, he's only played like 20 minutes of competitive 5 on 5 in the past 2 years so that's not really a fair sample size to judge off of
 
  • Like
Reactions: JST390-2
May 27, 2007
31,976
25,123
113
Exactly …I became invested in him because of all the rhetoric being posted …first he was gonna play this year …then he was gonna lead us next season .
I do not understand the level of hate some of you have for the kid …first off, nobody knows exactly what was going on behind closed doors about his decision as to whether he was gonna play or not …who was calling the shots etc etc …I mean we just don’t know facts …all speculation …Cal trying to protect his name and his player …agents and parents trying to look out for the best benefit for their son/client …Sharpe just an 18 year old kid …and it is very obvious the shy personality is not an act …he is really a very shy kid.

Secondly, I posted the Lillard vid talking about Sharpe above …he is a highly respected NBA veteran …he said a lot of nice things about Shaedon but the main things I picked up on were …That, “Shaedon is a humble kid who listens well” …I’m pulling for the kid …

Yeah I think that's why instead of being mad or wishing the kid ill will or anything I'm just indifferent to him. I don't really care one way or the other how he does in the NBA. But yeah I mean he came to UK with a lot of people in his ear. Who knows what he's been fed and told. He should have played but I can see a scenario where he was just listening to what his camp was telling him and that was the reason he didn't play. It obviously still stinks and he was still wrong but you can understand where a kid surrounded by many people would just listen blindly to them.
 

RunninRichie

Heisman
Sep 5, 2019
29,378
70,895
113
To the OP and anyone that liked this post, I hope you fail miserably at life (and it appears you already are based on wishing a kid I’ll will that did nothing to you). See how this works?
guys look how classy I am on the internet!
 

Son_Of_Saul

Hall of Famer
Dec 7, 2007
45,963
102,184
113
You can whine and cry all you want to but it changes nothing. He absolutely should have played last year and Cal should have made him but you would have jumped at the money too. Anyone on here would have.
That's two different arguments.

Jumping at the money and not playing are two different categories entirely.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: ruppsrunt1
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR KSR Today: Looking ahead to a busy weekend for UK Athletics
  2. 02 KSR Basketball Michael Kidd-Gilchrist shares heartwarming 2026 UK Hall of Fame speech: 'I tried my hardest, but now look at me.'
  3. 03 KSR Football Kentucky vs. South Carolina Availability Report: UK May Miss DJ Miller
  4. 04 KSR Football Kenny Minchey has pundits split after four games
  5. 05 KSR Football 4 Things You Need to Know from the Will Stein Show