The Old 3-13-3

Jonny2TheP

Senior
Dec 11, 2007
8,664
524
87
A win on Sunday against Nebraska is far from a given considering our inconsistent play and the fact that Nebraska has won a few in a row and has been playing a lot better this last month or so. That being said, if we do win on Sunday, we are going to have the The Old 3-13-3. Considering we were only the second team ever to start conference season with three wins and then lose the next 13, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that we will be the first team ever to start conference season with three wins, lose the next 13, and then win the last three.

While I would have much preferred we won a lot more games, the nerd in me is pretty excited about this. I guess the ideal situation would have been to lose the first three, win the next 13, and then lose the last three, but this is a little more fitting of NU.
 
Last edited:

Hungry Jack

All-American
Nov 17, 2008
39,635
7,150
67
I thought this was a post from a resurrected Felis. I had a momentary sense of dread.
 

Jonny2TheP

Senior
Dec 11, 2007
8,664
524
87
I thought this was a post from a resurrected Felis. I had a momentary sense of dread.

Rookie mistake, Hungry. If it would have been Felis post, it would have had a lot more random brackets and parentheses included.
 
Last edited:

hdhntr1

All-Conference
Sep 5, 2006
38,459
1,439
113
A win on Sunday against Nebraska is far from a given considering our inconsistent play and the fact that Nebraska has won a few in a row and has been playing a lot better this last month or so. That being said, if we do win on Sunday, we are going to have the The Old 3-13-3. Considering we were only the second team ever to start conference season with three wins and then lose the next 13, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that we will be the first team ever to start conference season with three wins, lose the next 13, and then win the last three.

While I would have much preferred we won a lot more games, the nerd in me is pretty excited about this. I guess the ideal situation would have been to lose the first three, win the next 13, and then lose the last three, but this is a little more fitting of NU.
A bookend season
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 5
  2. 02 On3 Football Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Notebook: Braun hypes up 'best stadium in football' ahead of new Ryan Field opener
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Recruit Roundup: Buirley leads Big Walnut to win in OT thriller, Cason snags pick six
  5. 05 Wildcat Report The 3-2-1 after Northwestern's loss to Indiana