THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-NORTHWESTERN PREDICTION THREAD

bac2therac

Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2001
251,371
180,633
113
before last night, Northwestern had scored just 52, 52, 46, 73, 65, 60, 63 in their last 7 games

and of course RU had a huge offensive output..their previous 7 were 65, 62, 66, 64, 76, 57, 54

so these are not explosive teams and I think its all about defense for this game not running up and down the court. RU needs to be selective when pushing the tempo...have to get them to turn it over while limiting our turnovers...again I think rebounding and turnovers will determine this game
 

YoucancallmeRay

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2015
1,790
1,905
113
Wouldn't be surprised to see McConnell starting at PG (he earned it), with Geo at the 2 and Mathis coming off the bench. If not, McConnell should still get major minutes. This is a different team from the first game and not just with EO playing. So, unless Pardon and Law are unconscious, it's
RU - 72 - NW- 62
 

dkostus

All-Conference
Feb 10, 2002
6,144
1,552
0
Wouldn't be surprised to see McConnell starting at PG (he earned it), with Geo at the 2 and Mathis coming off the bench. If not, McConnell should still get major minutes. This is a different team from the first game and not just with EO playing. So, unless Pardon and Law are unconscious, it's
RU - 72 - NW- 62
Pikiell consistently says he doesnt care who starts, and while Caleb had a great game I doubt there is a lineup change in the middle of a two game road trip with the coach going through family losses.

You're right, Caleb deserves a chance at early minutes to continue his great play. I think with a team this young, the coaches have to really monitor from game to game to see whose got it and who needs a tighter leash
 

BillyC80

Heisman
Oct 23, 2006
17,234
15,757
72
I agree that for a team with our depth it may be less relevant who starts, but if you were ever gonna reward a guy with a start, this is the time to do it.

If Mathis comes off the bench, so be it. He should be pumping up his teammate McConnell and challenging him, like saying “go get em, and be ready cause I’m coming for my starting job back.”
 

RU MAN

Heisman
Oct 29, 2001
23,723
10,411
113
Okay, the Illinois loss was tough to take. We need to end this 3 game losing streak and take revenge on Northwestern who beat us at home without Eugene. I say we win this in a close game.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Scarlet83

BillyC80

Heisman
Oct 23, 2006
17,234
15,757
72
I love the fact we’re legit talking about a possible road win. I think we pull out a close one:
RU 67
NW 65
 
  • Like
Reactions: Scarlet83

Degaz-RU

Heisman
Dec 19, 2002
22,836
27,805
88
This game will be nip and tuck the whole way.

Pardon ALWAYS kills us, and Law had a really good game the other night, so he might be out of his mid-season funk. I think Chris Collins will be able to motivate the Cats to bounce back from what was an absolutely DEVASTATING collapse against Iowa.

But I think the Illinois game will give our guys some confidence playing on the road, maybe even kickstarting an offensive awakening. Although I agree with bac’s words of caution, and agree that playing NW is like the opposite of playing Illinois, I still think that game will open up the offense, and will force defenses to be aware of more guys.

I’m going to go against my usual negativity and pick RU to win their first road game outside of Pennsylvania.

RU 68
NW 63
 
  • Like
Reactions: Scarlet83

mikefla

All-Conference
Nov 19, 2012
6,450
1,552
0
The Illinois loss only did ONE thing for me...made me :boom:pROUD :boom:eek:f our guys
-we have Eugene back this time at NW
-Caleb is blossoming
-Mathis too
-"Long Beach" Johnson continues to impress
-and GEO is still GEO

Rutgers 68
NW 61
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Scarlet83

Knights 1212

All-American
Sep 9, 2003
27,562
8,520
113
This game I think will be close. In our first game against Northwestern I think Law was coming off an injury and didn't score too much. Pardon was unstoppable in the first half. We did much better against him in the second half. Eugene didn't play and I think our guys will still be playing hard for Coach. We don't even know if Coach will be at the game because of his mom passing away on Saturday. Both teams need a win and NW might be deflated but they might respond and play with a real purpose. I hope we can get a win for coach and our team and fans. A win can really spur us on. Here is hoping for a win.
 

Greene Rice FIG

Heisman
Dec 30, 2005
40,437
23,613
0
Have no idea how we will do......but I know what fans will say

1st half
19:15 whay is Shaq D starting
18:45 Shaq D blocks a Law shot
17:00 why isn't caleb in the game
12:30 why arent we doubling the post
9:00 why is Issa in the game
7:30 after Issa nails a 3 why isn't he playing more
3:00 why is Ron's shot so flat

2nd half
17:00 after a Geo TO when is Paul getting here
16:05 after Geo hits a 3, with Paul Geo is 1st team B1G
13:00 after Mathis has a TO, why is he sulking
11:00 refs are terrible, we should be up by 8
9:00 why doesn't Shaq Carter play more
7:00 Peter Kiss stinks
6:15 why doesn't Kiss shoot more
3:00 why aren't we doubling post Pardon's 10 points are killing us
 

Greene Rice FIG

Heisman
Dec 30, 2005
40,437
23,613
0
I think the sting of the Iowa game could be a positive for us. That had to crush the team. I think if we can get off to a good start we might not get their A or B effort game.
 

RUJMM78

Heisman
Jul 25, 2001
26,291
12,573
113
Have no idea how we will do......but I know what fans will say

1st half
19:15 whay is Shaq D starting
18:45 Shaq D blocks a Law shot
17:00 why isn't caleb in the game
12:30 why arent we doubling the post
9:00 why is Issa in the game
7:30 after Issa nails a 3 why isn't he playing more
3:00 why is Ron's shot so flat

2nd half
17:00 after a Geo TO when is Paul getting here
16:05 after Geo hits a 3, with Paul Geo is 1st team B1G
13:00 after Mathis has a TO, why is he sulking
11:00 refs are terrible, we should be up by 8
9:00 why doesn't Shaq Carter play more
7:00 Peter Kiss stinks
6:15 why doesn't Kiss shoot more
3:00 why aren't we doubling post Pardon's 10 points are killing us
Based on your comments its pretty clear the outcome of the game.
 

toby83

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2014
4,095
3,823
0
Rutgers 66
NW 64

Harper locks up Vic Law in second half
Eugene big game
Mathis goes 6-7 from free throw line
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Greg Schiano Presser Recap + Early Thoughts on Indiana - TKR Pod
  2. 02 The Knight Report Four-Star Forward Brandon Woodard commits to Rutgers Basketball
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Wrestling's Newest Star Anthony Knox Addresses His Past and Looks Ahead
  4. 04 The Knight Report Full 2026-27 Rutgers Wrestling Schedule Released
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Football HC Greg Schiano talks Indiana game week