The New Lounge

Oct 27, 2025
813
248
43
top 10 Billionaires and mid term donations from Forbes posted 9/1
#1 Marc Andreessen 115 mil to crypto AI focused PACS and Trumps MAGA inc
#2 George Soros 103 mil democratic aligned super PACS
#3 Jeff Yass 93 mil republican aligned groups
#4 Elon Musk 90 mil to America PAC (conservative, GOP-leaning)
#5 Richard and Elizabeth Uihlein 70 mil to republican super pacs
#6 Miriam Adelson 67 mil to maga inc republican aligned groups
#7 Chris Larsen 65 mil to fairshake, clean energy pacs and dem candidates
#8 Paul Singer 52 mil republican aligned groups
#9 Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss 42 mil digital freedom fund, maga inc and repub candidates
#10 Ken Griffin 32 mil pacs supporting repub candidates
Notice how he singled out George Soros and only George Soros before, but once you post a list where the top 10 donate 8-2 toward the GOP suddenly he's gonna "both sides" it and say none of it should be allowed? If it's about a Democratic or left-leaning donor, he goes after them individually. Only after it's pointed out how far the biggest donors actually skew in the OTHER direction does he suddenly want the blame shared.
 

BOOGIEMAN1914

All-Conference
May 15, 2007
7,908
2,104
113
Notice how he singled out George Soros and only George Soros before, but once you post a list where the top 10 donate 8-2 toward the GOP suddenly he's gonna "both sides" it and say none of it should be allowed? If it's about a Democratic or left-leaning donor, he goes after them individually. Only after it's pointed out how far the biggest donors actually skew in the OTHER direction does he suddenly want the blame shared.
peeped it...
 

Mac9192

Heisman
Jan 25, 2017
9,990
14,021
107
@BOOGIEMAN1914 I've never said corruption is limited only to the democrats. Both sides are awful. It's just that I agree with more of what Republicans say. Sad but only due to that, I vote strictly Republican. I do it with my nose closed though.

You guys just don't want to see that your side is corrupt too. What you guys accuse me of, is exactly what you do.

We have to get the access the wealthy have to DC out of DC.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914

BOOGIEMAN1914

All-Conference
May 15, 2007
7,908
2,104
113
@BOOGIEMAN1914 I've never said corruption is limited only to the democrats. Both sides are awful. It's just that I agree with more of what Republicans say. Sad but only due to that, I vote strictly Republican. I do it with my nose closed though.

You guys just don't want to see that your side is corrupt too. What you guys accuse me of, is exactly what you do.

We have to get the access the wealthy have to DC out of DC.
understand and i didnt say you did, but to me your comment did align w/ what Datt said (thats how i took it)....all about soros...showed the top10 w/ 8-2 edge to gop....then alluding to both sides

but you are right on your last sentence and it appears dems attempt to do just that more often than rep....click the "google search" link in above post...........both sides play the game, but it seems like dems are more actively trying to fix it/end it etc.... what's your thoughts?
 

Mac9192

Heisman
Jan 25, 2017
9,990
14,021
107
but you are right on your last sentence and it appears dems attempt to do just that more often than rep....click the "google search" link in above post...........both sides play the game, but it seems like dems are more actively trying to fix it/end it etc.... what's your thoughts?
I don't like any of the big giving. As I've been saying, it buys influence. My reference to Soros is simply that I think he's not a good human being. Yes, it comes from my watching Fox over the years. I know they're biased, but there needs to be a voice to offset the 5-6 liberal sites. If our media was baseball, Fox would hit about .250, whereas the liberal sites about .125. We also think replacing the lifer politician that's been in politics with someone else is going to be good. We are proven wrong. Time after time. On that note, why don't we see former democrats as talking heads on tv, or am I not seeing any because I don't watch those outlets? I see former republican politicians on tv.

Not sure about dems actively trying to fix it/end it... but I really don't know where they stand overall on issues, and how to fix them, nor do I think they have any solutions. To me, it seems they hang their success on blaming Trump and saying he's the cause of all the problems in our country.

But I don't think the republicans are much better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914

BOOGIEMAN1914

All-Conference
May 15, 2007
7,908
2,104
113
I don't like any of the big giving. As I've been saying, it buys influence. My reference to Soros is simply that I think he's not a good human being. Yes, it comes from my watching Fox over the years. I know they're biased, but there needs to be a voice to offset the 5-6 liberal sites. If our media was baseball, Fox would hit about .250, whereas the liberal sites about .125. We also think replacing the lifer politician that's been in politics with someone else is going to be good. We are proven wrong. Time after time. On that note, why don't we see former democrats as talking heads on tv, or am I not seeing any because I don't watch those outlets? I see former republican politicians on tv.

Not sure about dems actively trying to fix it/end it... but I really don't know where they stand overall on issues, and how to fix them, nor do I think they have any solutions. To me, it seems they hang their success on blaming Trump and saying he's the cause of all the problems in our country.

But I don't think the republicans are much better.

Fair...how about dems b4 trump?...dems have consistently brought forth measures to aimed at restricting PACS and rep have blocked ..take a Google dive of you desire...
 

Mac9192

Heisman
Jan 25, 2017
9,990
14,021
107
Fair...how about dems b4 trump?...dems have consistently brought forth measures to aimed at restricting PACS and rep have blocked ..take a Google dive of you desire...

This is from years ago, and not saying it’s all true, but what are your thoughts here?
 
  • Like
Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914

BOOGIEMAN1914

All-Conference
May 15, 2007
7,908
2,104
113

This is from years ago, and not saying it’s all true, but what are your thoughts here?
i agree for the most part....it does says dems have opposed and have have tried to legislate this to end/reduce it, but cant get it done to opposition, so if its the game being played, you might as well get good at it, right?..........kinda like NIL, we all kinda cringe at it on the surface, but its what it is right now, so you might as well get on board or get left behind...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mac9192

Mac9192

Heisman
Jan 25, 2017
9,990
14,021
107
i agree for the most part....it does says dems have opposed and have have tried to legislate this to end/reduce it, but cant get it done to opposition, so if its the game being played, you might as well get good at it, right?..........kinda like NIL, we all kinda cringe at it on the surface, but its what it is right now, so you might as well get on board or get left behind...
Yeah, all these politicians say this or that to make them sound good to all of us out here. But when the doors close, and decisions are made, and many not made, the people they're really answering to are the ones bribing them by major donations... and once a politician takes the money, they're done. The media is the bullhorn. They are bought too.

I really wish our politicians had to be like Nascar. The dominant teams have the biggest and best sponsors. We all know this too. I think we should hear a politician say "I'd like to think Exxon Mobil and Blackrock. Without their help, I wouldn't be here." It would be even better if they all walked around with their sponsors names patched all over their suits.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: KDSTONE

KDSTONE

All-Conference
Oct 15, 2004
6,102
4,015
40
Yeah, all these politicians say this or that to make them sound good to all of us out here. But when the doors close, and decisions are made, and many not made, the people they're really answering to are the ones bribing them by major donations... and once a politician takes the money, they're done. The media is the bullhorn. They are bought too.

I really wish our politicians had to be like Nascar. The dominant teams have the biggest and best sponsors. We all know this too. I think we should hear a politician say "I'd like to think Exxon Mobil and Blackrock. Without their help, I wouldn't be here." It would be even better if they all walked around with their sponsors names patched all over their suits.
Dems talk a good game. A few may actually be sincere. Iirc more dark money went to Biden in 20 than Trump. In 24 twice as much went to Harris. This posturing by the Dems that they’re pure as driven snow and only have to get in the muck to compete with Rep is a joke. They’re not merely dipping their toes in the murky waters of dark money. They’re drowning.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Mac9192

BOOGIEMAN1914

All-Conference
May 15, 2007
7,908
2,104
113
Yeah, all these politicians say this or that to make them sound good to all of us out here. But when the doors close, and decisions are made, and many not made, the people they're really answering to are the ones bribing them by major donations... and once a politician takes the money, they're done. The media is the bullhorn. They are bought too.

I really wish our politicians had to be like Nascar. The dominant teams have the biggest and best sponsors. We all know this too. I think we should hear a politician say "I'd like to think Exxon Mobil and Blackrock. Without their help, I wouldn't be here." It would be even better if they all walked around with their sponsors names patched all over their suits.
agree, but if legislation and ideas are being brought forth and or posed and they are getting nixed or voted down...then what?
 

Mac9192

Heisman
Jan 25, 2017
9,990
14,021
107
agree, but if legislation and ideas are being brought forth and or posed and they are getting nixed or voted down...then what?
You get legislation brought forth, and these politicians decide to shove their requests in the middle of it. A lot of it is ridiculous and has no bearing on what was originally put forth. The next thing you know the original legislation is up to hundreds of pages. You have to vote yes or no as one piece, yet there's so much wasteful requests that have been shoved in there. Quite a few vote no on the legislation due to that, then are brow beaten by the other side for voting no. That has to stop.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914

BOOGIEMAN1914

All-Conference
May 15, 2007
7,908
2,104
113
You get legislation brought forth, and these politicians decide to shove their requests in the middle of it. A lot of it is ridiculous and has no bearing on what was originally put forth. The next thing you know the original legislation is up to hundreds of pages. You have to vote yes or no as one piece, yet there's so much wasteful requests that have been shoved in there. Quite a few vote no on the legislation due to that, then are brow beaten by the other side for voting no. That has to stop.
that is true, very true... i wonder how many proposals were that way or absolutely clean, that would be telling
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mac9192

DuckDevil

Sophomore
Nov 24, 2025
481
151
43





In a normal administration, this would be a massive news story. However, $100,000 is pocket change compared to the money Trump and his children have siphoned off from the American taxpayer. Corruption has become so normalized under Trump and the Republican Party that I doubt anything will come of this.

Her close ties to the Trump family and everything she potentially knows as a result probably have something to do with that, too. That’s why she’s the ambassador to Greece, after all, right?
 
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2025
813
248
43
Dems talk a good game. A few may actually be sincere. Iirc more dark money went to Biden in 20 than Trump. In 24 twice as much went to Harris. This posturing by the Dems that they’re pure as driven snow and only have to get in the muck to compete with Rep is a joke. They’re not merely dipping their toes in the murky waters of dark money. They’re drowning.

The money corrupts everyone. I have a hard time caring who does it more. Hate the game, not the player. Not much different from how Coach K eventually started going after 1-and-dones.

IMO, the GOP on the federal level and at the state level in NC have hit new levels of corruption in many ways, but I'd point right now to gerrymandering. "Everyone does it" is true, but it's also an excuse used to keep doing it, and the GOP has hit new lows.
 

KDSTONE

All-Conference
Oct 15, 2004
6,102
4,015
40





In a normal administration, this would be a massive news story. However, $100,000 is pocket change compared to the money Trump and his children have siphoned off from the American taxpayer. Corruption has become so normalized under Trump and the Republican Party that I doubt anything will come of this.

Her close ties to the Trump family and everything she potentially knows as a result probably have something to do with that, too. That’s why she’s the ambassador to Greece, after all, right?

Deters is a bit of a media ***** who no longer has a license to practice law. That said, the entire affair has a ring of truth to it. No one in the Trump admin could give two ***** about it. That’s all we know for sure. Guilfoyle is a clout chaser extraordinaire, first married to Gavin then a Trump.
The corruption is so overwhelming at this point Americans’ eyes are glazed over.
She knows where the bodies are buried. Nothing to see here folks.

 

KDSTONE

All-Conference
Oct 15, 2004
6,102
4,015
40
The money corrupts everyone. I have a hard time caring who does it more. Hate the game, not the player. Not much different from how Coach K eventually started going after 1-and-dones.

IMO, the GOP on the federal level and at the state level in NC have hit new levels of corruption in many ways, but I'd point right now to gerrymandering. "Everyone does it" is true, but it's also an excuse used to keep doing it, and the GOP has hit new lows.
What’s going on in NC?
 

Mac9192

Heisman
Jan 25, 2017
9,990
14,021
107
What’s going on in NC?
Not sure. I live in NC and what I do know is our last two governors have been Democrats. Corruption? It's rampant, and one party doesn't hold the rights to it. Pick a state. California is a dumpster fire and so is Minnesota.
 
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Devils Illustrated Football Football preview: Duke at Georgia Tech
  2. 02 Devils Illustrated Basketball Blue Devils roll in first test against opposing team
  3. 03 Devils Illustrated Basketball Live coverage: Belmont at Duke
  4. 04 Devils Illustrated Basketball Scrimmage preview: Belmont at Duke
  5. 05 Devils Illustrated Football Across the Beat: Getting to know Georgia Tech