The Brook Uniforms

eagles2k3!

Sophomore
Aug 29, 2025
163
130
43
I saw the Bolingbrook Uniforms on Edgy's front page and it made me think. What other schools have a nickname on their uniforms? Not the mascot but an actual nickname. I love how Bolingbrook is always known by that, and I love it on their jerseys. @Cross Bones When did the brook start putting it on their uniforms? The only other school I can think of that has something like this on their jerseys is 'Hitters" on Glenbard West's uniforms. Anyone else?
 

cigaros

Senior
Nov 14, 2018
892
734
93
I saw the Bolingbrook Uniforms on Edgy's front page and it made me think. What other schools have a nickname on their uniforms? Not the mascot but an actual nickname. I love how Bolingbrook is always known by that, and I love it on their jerseys. @Cross Bones When did the brook start putting it on their uniforms? The only other school I can think of that has something like this on their jerseys is 'Hitters" on Glenbard West's uniforms. Anyone else?
The Solons of Springfield High have their mascot on their chest1789763913236.png
 

Cross Bones

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2001
53,446
4,534
113
I saw the Bolingbrook Uniforms on Edgy's front page and it made me think. What other schools have a nickname on their uniforms? Not the mascot but an actual nickname. I love how Bolingbrook is always known by that, and I love it on their jerseys. @Cross Bones When did the brook start putting it on their uniforms? The only other school I can think of that has something like this on their jerseys is 'Hitters" on Glenbard West's uniforms. Anyone else?
I dont know when it started but it was prior to me getting there in 1996. Our practice jerseys were the old game jerseys and they had The Brook on them.

Minooka has The Nook I think. ESL has East Side. I think DGS had jerseys that said "Hit Hard"

But I feel like there was a rule passed recently that said jerseys could only have the actual mascot name or school name. I could be mistaken.
 

cigaros

Senior
Nov 14, 2018
892
734
93
I saw the Bolingbrook Uniforms on Edgy's front page and it made me think. What other schools have a nickname on their uniforms? Not the mascot but an actual nickname. I love how Bolingbrook is always known by that, and I love it on their jerseys. @Cross Bones When did the brook start putting it on their uniforms? The only other school I can think of that has something like this on their jerseys is 'Hitters" on Glenbard West's uniforms. Anyone else?
As do the Eisenhower Panthers1789764026602.png
 

cigaros

Senior
Nov 14, 2018
892
734
93
I saw the Bolingbrook Uniforms on Edgy's front page and it made me think. What other schools have a nickname on their uniforms? Not the mascot but an actual nickname. I love how Bolingbrook is always known by that, and I love it on their jerseys. @Cross Bones When did the brook start putting it on their uniforms? The only other school I can think of that has something like this on their jerseys is 'Hitters" on Glenbard West's uniforms. Anyone else?
And the Chatham Glenwood Titans
 

Attachments

  • 1789764094382.png
    1789764094382.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 1789764095960.png
    1789764095960.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 5

SiuCubFan8

All-Conference
Jul 27, 2007
6,332
4,116
113
Da Brook’s units are also New Balance, haven’t seen that in a hot minute.
 

MOJOJACKSON

Redshirt
Sep 1, 2003
31
31
18
I saw the Bolingbrook Uniforms on Edgy's front page and it made me think. What other schools have a nickname on their uniforms? Not the mascot but an actual nickname. I love how Bolingbrook is always known by that, and I love it on their jerseys. @Cross Bones When did the brook start putting it on their uniforms? The only other school I can think of that has something like this on their jerseys is 'Hitters" on Glenbard West's uniforms. Anyone else?
they have more uniforms than teams in college in the NFL- strange actually
 

Doctor_D

All-Conference
Oct 9, 2016
3,134
2,805
113
Because of the guy posting uniforms with their mascot name? LOL.
english GIF
 

Cross Bones

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2001
53,446
4,534
113
H-F should have trolled Bolingbrook this year and worn jerseys with "Da Ho-Flo" on them.
They been bitin our style for so long that it wouldn't even shock me. Took our AD, Girls basketball coach, and now their head boys basketball coach. They even slid into my DMs trying to get me to switch sides. Gonna have to raise taxes in Flossmoor for that to happen.
I did not care for the gray jerseys.
Should have implemented some red so they could mix em with red pants/jerseys.
 
Last edited:

OnVikings!

Senior
Nov 15, 2024
276
431
57
I believe Kenwood has "The Wood" or something similar on their jerseys.

On the topic of uniforms, those new Rita unis.... Yikes...:poop:
 

ref8

Redshirt
Oct 29, 2025
4
3
3
By rule the jerseys must have the name of the school or mascot. The Brook is technically close enough. Which is also wht GW lost "the hitters" a couple years back
 

PowerI66

Senior
Jul 10, 2025
885
748
93
By rule the jerseys must have the name of the school or mascot. The Brook is technically close enough. Which is also wht GW lost "the hitters" a couple years back
RULE 1-5-1: ART. 1 . . . Mandatory Equipment. Each player shall participate while wearing the following pieces of properly fitted equipment, which shall be professionally manufactured and not altered to decrease protection: b. Jersey: 1. A jersey, unaltered from the manufacturer’s original design/production, and which shall be long enough to reach the top of the pants and shall be tucked in if longer. It must completely cover the shoulder pads and all pads worn above the waist on the torso. 2. Players of the visiting team shall wear jerseys, unaltered from the manufacturer's original design/production, that meet the following criteria: (a) The body of the jersey (inside the shoulders, inclusive of the yoke of the jersey or the shoulders, below the collar, and to the bottom of the jersey) shall all be white. (b) The body of the jersey shall contain only the listed allowable adornments and accessory patterns in a color(s) that contrasts to white: (1) as the jersey number(s) required in 1-5-1c or as the school's nickname, school logo, school mascot, school name and/or player name within the body and/or on the shoulders,

Doesn't this NFHS rule state otherwise?
 
Edgy Tim

Latest

  1. 01 Edgy Tim Football Week 8 EDGYTIM Chicagoland Top 30
  2. 02 Edgy Tim Football Video: Loyola 38 St. Ignatius 7
  3. 03 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Rivals Riser: Illinois WR commit Bennett Konkey earns his fourth star
  5. 05 CaneSport football recruiting Power ranking the five best Miami recruits I saw on the road in September