The Barkely Marathon

Been Jammin

Heisman
Jun 26, 2003
66,594
49,998
113
Anyone heard of this endurance race? If you haven't, you need to watch this documentary. I watched it on Netflix last night. You're welcome.

 

cornichon

Freshman
Jan 5, 2003
5,613
62
0
I read a really interesting article about it on Deadspin a couple weeks ago. Anyone who competes in it, and especially the guy who concocted it, seems nuts.
 

Been Jammin

Heisman
Jun 26, 2003
66,594
49,998
113
I read a really interesting article about it on Deadspin a couple weeks ago. Anyone who competes in it, and especially the guy who concocted it, seems nuts.

I didn't get that impression from watching the documentary. I would never consider competing, but I don't think participants are any more "nuts" than someone who attempts to climb Everest or swim across the English Channel. It doesn't appeal to me, but it does appeal to some people.

The main guy who came up with the idea might be a little out there, but he seems to be pretty bright, and I don't think he is doing it for any other reason than because he knows there are people who want to be challenged to the absolute extreme.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  3. 03 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight