Tennessee Coaching Search..

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,698
24,564
113
Talk about walking into a bad situation:

No AD
NCAA investigation
Culture problems?
Roster turnover?
Revenue shortfalls from COVID?

Im not sure I’m interested in that if I’m Hugh Freeze. I don’t think I’m interested in that if I’m Luke Fickell either.

Arent they still paying portions of Butch Jones’ buyout?
 
Last edited:

was21

Senior
May 29, 2007
10,002
635
113
Dennis Dodd say no coach of substance without NCAA baggage will be in the running. Is Hugh of substance....but not without. So guess he might be considered.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,506
31,730
113
That's not quite what he said.
UT AD hired first, then NCAA investigation will take 2 years minimum given current environment (NCAA understaffed, overwhelmed with bkb scandal) THEN hope no postseason or schollies. What head coach of substance w/o NCAA skeletons takes that job with all that hanging in the air?
 

PBRME

All-American
Feb 12, 2004
11,397
5,485
113
I know just the man to clean up that program. Orange is all that matters.
 

was21

Senior
May 29, 2007
10,002
635
113
True. But it's some of what he inferred... he did ask the question and Freeze comes to mind
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,506
31,730
113
Looking at it again, I misread your post. Yeah, pretty much the same thing.
 

Dawgpile

Senior
May 23, 2006
2,415
919
113
One thing that's guaranteed with a Tennessee coaching search; Hilarity!
 

was21

Senior
May 29, 2007
10,002
635
113
Well, actually i was asking rhetorically whether of not Freeze is considered a coach of substance.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama