Tarboro vs Greene Central

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,471
2,007
113
Both teams come into this one after a bye week. The Vikings have hit a good stride lately and are playing well on both sides of the ball. Greene Central on the other hand comes in with back to back losses to Wilson prep and Martin county. While the rams do return a three year starter at QB, I don't think the defense will have a answer for the vikings offense.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RudeBoyyyz

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,471
2,007
113
In all likelihood, this game and Kinston will probably be are our toughest conference games.
 
Last edited:

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,471
2,007
113
Hopefully #3 Antonio draughn is back for Tarboro this week. Didn't play against Northampton
 

vikandpirate4christ

All-Conference
Nov 18, 2011
2,916
4,746
78
looks like beautiful weather for Friday night. I missed the Northampton game, so it's going to feel odd for me actually watching a game on a Friday night.
 

Pregame meal

Sophomore
Mar 20, 2016
67
105
33
Complete mismatch.

GC has wins over three teams with a combined 2-16 record. Two of those teams it could be argued are the worst in 3A and 4A still playing football.

Tarboro wins and wins easily.
 

vikandpirate4christ

All-Conference
Nov 18, 2011
2,916
4,746
78
When I was in HS from 02-06, we could never beat GC, even when we had what was considered better teams. They beat us from 02-07. In 04 we won the conference, and still took an L to them. With that said, I believe we've taken the last 6 matchups.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tarboroviking18

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,471
2,007
113
When I was in HS from 02-06, we could never beat GC, even when we had what was considered better teams. They beat us from 02-07. In 04 we won the conference, and still took an L to them. With that said, I believe we've taken the last 6 matchups.
That was some very physical matchups back then whenever these two played. I've actually become a pretty big fan of their current head coach.
 

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,471
2,007
113
Tarboro cannot afford to have another second half like that. If they have another one like that they very well will lose.
 

swe98

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2010
5,556
2,612
113
Didn't matter anyway cause Greene Central still scored on the ensuing drive
I disagree. It mattered. Even though GC eventually scored, that was more of a lot of things that didn't have to occur in order for them to get that score. Time, energy, wear and tear, lost stats for the player, etc. I'm not actually blaming Tarboro. That was just a jab. It clearly falls on the ref simply making an egregious call. But what if, though? What if GC had not scored? Wouldn't have changed the outcome, but it would have taken something away from them that they clearly earned. And I feel for the kid. That was an individual accomplishment stolen from him. Most calls can be argued, depending on which side you root for. But this one was sooooo bad, no one on either side can argue that it wasn't. Unfortunately, people are gonna use it as fuel that Tarboro cheats at home. People want to find any reason to discredit the success.
 
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  2. 02 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  3. 03 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  4. 04 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6
  5. 05 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 5