Tarboro through Non-conference play

vikandpirate4christ

All-Conference
Nov 18, 2011
2,917
4,746
78
Viking fans, what’s been your thoughts through non-conference? Hard to believe we are already a third of the way through the season. I’m thrilled to be 4-1 and extremely happy with what we’ve seen so far. If you had told many Tarboro fans we’d be 4-1 through the non-conference idk if they would’ve believed you. I hate that we gave the game against Hunt away, but I’ve seen improvement from this team every week!
 
  • Like
Reactions: RudeBoyyyz

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,471
2,007
113
I admittedly was nervous after the jamboree. But this team has grown a lot since then. That loss to hunt Stung quite a bit cuz I feel like we were better, just committed to many turnovers and gave a lethal offense life. But heading into conference play I do like what I'm seeing from this group.
 

vikandpirate4christ

All-Conference
Nov 18, 2011
2,917
4,746
78
I admittedly was nervous after the jamboree. But this team has grown a lot since then. That loss to hunt Stung quite a bit cuz I feel like we were better, just committed to many turnovers and gave a lethal offense life. But heading into conference play I do like what I'm seeing from this group.
After the RM come back, I knew this team had some grit and heart, because a lot of teams would’ve folded. Since then, again, I’ve felt they’ve gotten better each week. That’s not to say this young Viking squad won’t still have some head scratching moments, but I trust they are going to continue to leave it all on the field
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tarboroviking18

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,471
2,007
113
After the RM come back, I knew this team had some grit and heart, because a lot of teams would’ve folded. Since then, again, I’ve felt they’ve gotten better each week. That’s not to say this young Viking squad won’t still have some head scratching moments, but I trust they are going to continue to leave it all on the field
No doubt. That comeback against RM showed this team has a ton of heart. This team will be hard to beat come playoffs.
 

TarVikes1

Senior
Nov 23, 2017
634
902
93
Saw on Facebook the Warren County coach says Warren County is “the standard”…hopefully Tarboro continues to get better in conference play so they can try and live up to that standard in December.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8920.jpeg
    IMG_8920.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Like
Reactions: Tarboroviking18

encflatlander

Redshirt
Sep 17, 2026
15
14
3
Saw on Facebook the Warren County coach says Warren County is “the standard”…hopefully Tarboro continues to get better in conference play so they can try and live up to that standard in December.
I remember a few years ago when a coach from Pamlico County said some sort of the same thing. Im pretty sure Tarboro hung 70 on them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RudeBoyyyz

vikandpirate4christ

All-Conference
Nov 18, 2011
2,917
4,746
78
Saw on Facebook the Warren County coach says Warren County is “the standard”…hopefully Tarboro continues to get better in conference play so they can try and live up to that standard in December.
The "standard" hasn't scored on Tarboro the last two seasons. 111-0 the last two seasons. Maybe they need to pump the breaks just a little.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tarboroviking18

WCEagle

Redshirt
Aug 30, 2026
7
3
3
Saw on Facebook the Warren County coach says Warren County is “the standard”…hopefully Tarboro continues to get better in conference play so they can try and live up to that standard in December.
That comment wasnt directed towards Tarboro. He was talking about Warren County exhibiting excellence in all sports, men's and women's. But if Tarboro fans wanna use that as motivation thats' fine. That's the nature of sports. Lol. We are hoping for another shot at yall. Clearly y'all are the standard in 2A football. There is really no debate about that. But if that matchup comes this season it will be competitive. Im sure of that.
 

RudeBoyyyz

All-Conference
Jun 12, 2019
1,070
1,462
55
We honestly should be undefeated right now. We let that Hunt game get away from us but honestly, they needed that humbling in week one. The team was cocky af when only 3 starters were returning. But this team has surprised a lot of folks for sure. Especially that team up the road. All off season they kept talking about how trash Tarboro was gonna be this year & they lost to Tarboro 34-9. Team has come together for sure & we’re loving what we’re seeing. One game at a time from here on out. Everyone is 0-0 with the start of conference play
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tarboroviking18

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,471
2,007
113
We honestly should be undefeated right now. We let that Hunt game get away from us but honestly, they needed that humbling in week one. The team was cocky af when only 3 starters were returning. But this team has surprised a lot of folks for sure. Especially that team up the road. All off season they kept talking about how trash Tarboro was gonna be this year & they lost to Tarboro 34-9. Team has come together for sure & we’re loving what we’re seeing. One game at a time from here on out. Everyone is 0-0 with the start of conference play
I still can't believe we beat them like that. I really thought this could have been the year for them to get Tarboro. This honestly was probably their best shot for a while. Regarding the game against hunt, sometimes you need a loss to get refocused and in that game Tarboro really hurt themselves with penalties. You give a offense like Hunt any momentum they will take advantage and that's exactly what Hunt did.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RudeBoyyyz

RudeBoyyyz

All-Conference
Jun 12, 2019
1,070
1,462
55
I still can't believe we beat them like that. I really thought this could have been the year for them to get Tarboro. This honestly was probably their best shot for a while. Regarding the game against hunt, sometimes you need a loss to get refocused and in that game Tarboro really hurt themselves with penalties. You give an offense like Hunt any momentum they will take advantage and that's exactly what Hunt did.
That’s a fact!
 
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  2. 02 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  3. 03 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  4. 04 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6
  5. 05 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 5