T&L Rumblings

mdm3045

Freshman
Dec 8, 2018
493
74
28
I love the Thunder and Lightning podcast. I listen to most episodes, but I gotta admit that I no longer even open the Rumblings episodes. I hit delete every Wednesday morning. I’ve listened to them before and they’re just too long and it’s a lotta useless info. Granted, I understand that content on a 5 day per week show is difficult at times. And again, I love the show but the Rumblings episodes just don’t appeal to me. Just wondering if I’m the only one.
 

MStateU

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2009
1,077
2,307
113
Doesn’t bother me that much. I still listen because it’s Mississippi State sports talk instead of radio noise.

As a bonus, here’s a “rumblings” question for next week since I don’t Twitter.

Why do we say moral victory? Does the victory go against your personal beliefs? Shouldn’t it be morale victory?
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,631
12,087
113
It’s the best pod of the week.
Agreed. I don’t have a commute anymore so I don’t listen to a lot of podcasts like I used to, but I do when I do yard work. I go straight to past rumblings first then the rest. Hadad said we have a 2 hour one today so I’ll be getting a lot of yard work done.
 
Feb 23, 2008
1,708
0
0
I personally think it's great. There's only so much to talk about sports wise.

I like getting to know these guys a little more as people rather than just media mouthpieces. And the questions sent in are usually pretty thought provoking.
 

RotorHead

Senior
Mar 26, 2019
710
592
93
It's sports and it's apolitical. Two things I don't mess with, my commute to work and my commute from work. Don't call me, text me, throw up the bat signal...it ain't happening. T&L is the perfect medium to either get ready for the work day or close down the work day and be ready for 2 kids under 4 at home. I've enjoyed T&L the past few days because pubescent Hadad (the son of future brian) has made an appearance and actually has some decent insight...he's going to do well after his balls fully drop
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
19,985
2,765
113
Doesn’t bother me that much. I still listen because it’s Mississippi State sports talk instead of radio noise.

As a bonus, here’s a “rumblings” question for next week since I don’t Twitter.

Why do we say moral victory? Does the victory go against your personal beliefs? Shouldn’t it be morale victory?

Or maybe morale lifter? But you're right - it has nothing to do with morals.
 

jack daniels dog

Redshirt
Feb 11, 2013
675
16
18
I look forward to it. Very entertaining to me, get to hear some different opinions on off topic subjects. But to each their own....
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,631
12,087
113
Doesn’t bother me that much. I still listen because it’s Mississippi State sports talk instead of radio noise.

As a bonus, here’s a “rumblings” question for next week since I don’t Twitter.

Why do we say moral victory? Does the victory go against your personal beliefs? Shouldn’t it be morale victory?
I’ll ask for you, that’s a good question.
 

MStateU

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2009
1,077
2,307
113
Take the torch and run my friend. We deserve answers.
 
Last edited:

Lettucexxxx

All-Conference
Oct 16, 2012
4,562
1,047
113
I also agree that it’s a nice break from the normal. Moreover, Joel, on Tuesdays, we could have a rumblings questions thread here...then you guys could do a “top 5 six pack rumblings of the week”

Just pull the winning questions from the most upvoted and let er rip. It’s time SPS becomes more interactive anyway.
 

Dawgology

Redshirt
Sep 15, 2011
828
1
0
I kind of wish they would do them in categories or do an overall topic for each rumbling episode. I still listen to it though.
 

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,630
14,424
113
To each his own. I skip when they give me the heads up that from some point on it's all going to be about Rasslin'. Nothing against those who still enjoy it, it's just not my cup of tea.

Like others have said, it's fun and more light hearted. My commute isn't as long as it used to be so, I can listen to the Rumblings at work without really having to concentrate on it. It's entertaining and the fact that the last one was 2 hours long, it seems those that don't care for it are in the minority.
 
Aug 22, 2012
912
0
0
I just wish they'd use some Noise Reduction in their post processing. The content overall is good, right? But sometimes the sound quality is noticeably lacking (high pitched hiss/interference sounds often). I mean, they work for a professional radio station. I know it's not hard to run that WAV or MP3 through a filter or plugin before uploading it.

That said, it's never stopped me from continuing to listen. Haha!
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,674
12,374
113
Same, I can't handle rasslin or soccer news. I'd rather listen to Fauci talk about covid.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four