Who remembers details in extremely windy conditions against Syracuse? Leonard era but not last game. Punters saw balls fly straight up. Field goals not attempted. Was your beer can blown over?
I agree. Manhandled them all game. It was a sign where both programs were headed. Wind sounded like a freight train up in section 207November 2003:
Rutgers 24
Cuse. 7
...IMO the first major sign of life we showed under Coach Schiano.
Joe P.
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2009/12/the_lowest_spots_in_a_down_dec.htmlI think this was the game were a jersey guy from Syracuse got into it with some fans in the stands . I think the guy was from Bergen Catholic . Scanlon or something ? Classy kid
I agree. Manhandled them all game. It was a sign where both programs were headed. Wind sounded like a freight train up in section 207
What's really entertaining about reading that article is that there's a comment from me about halfway down. I don't even remember posting it.
I see on their upcoming schedule that SU plays UCONN Sept 24. Can they both lose? No, huh. OK I'll root for UCAN"T since my dislike for all things SU goes back further. Right?
After the three boom boom boom scores by RU there was a steady stream of sour oranges walking out the stadium. The 18563 crowd dropped ~25-30% I would say that was the last "large NJ/metro NY orange crowd to attend a RU game.Attendance 18,563. Ouch. Easy to forget how far the program has come.
The Knight Report
Rutgers Football versus Maryland Game Time Announced
The Knight Report
Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
The Knight Report Football
Every throw from Rutgers Football Quarterbacks versus Indiana
The Knight Report
Rutgers Football PFF Grades + Snap Counts versus Indiana
The Knight Report Football
Hope or fool's gold? Curt Cignetti explains how Rutgers can replicate national champs