SW Edgecombe 3-2 @ Eastern Wayne 5-0

swe98

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2010
5,556
2,612
113
SWE takes its high flying offense to face a dominate EW defense. So dominate, they have yet to allow a single point all season long. I want to say that they're the only team in the state that hasn't allowed a point, but I will let y'all do the research on that.
Not being scored upon in 5 straight games is impressive no matter what, once you delve a little deeper into their schedule, you wont be as impressed. They haven't exactly played anyone that's a threat to make a deep playoff run. With that being said, they did shut out a team that we allowed 6 points to, so I can't say too much against their defense. There's no doubt that it's better than that of SWE. I've come to the conclusion that when it comes to competent opponents, we simply have to win in a shoot out, because our defense is not that great. It's not good enough to carry us to victory vs a good team at all.
I do expect SWE to finally break that goose egg EW has been carrying around, and I'm interested to see how they respond to being scored upon finally. EW's offense has had their way vs winless Goldsboro and North Lenoir, as well as lowly South Lenoir. But it struggled vs 1 win North Johnston and a bad C.B Aycock team. With that being said, I don't know if they have a good offense, or a passable offense. Again, I don't think our defense will be a worthy test to find out. But if their defense does manage to shut us out, or hold us to single digits, I will gladly call it legit.
As long as we can keep penalties under control, I expect us to be ok, howeverrrrrrrrrr.....we haven't been able to do that at all this season. We have to be the most penalized team in the state. It's absolutely ridiculous! Pay attention to how many times I mention us getting a flag. We give touchdowns and first downs away like we don't want them.
34-27 is my prediction.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dogs79 and MoDean

swe98

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2010
5,556
2,612
113
False start on 3rd play. Might as well get the penalties stated early.
 

swe98

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2010
5,556
2,612
113
Sack to 60. Then 35 yard screen. Then 15 yard run for a touchdown. Xp no good. Swe 6 EW 0
 
Last edited:

swe98

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2010
5,556
2,612
113
EW ball on own 25. Block in the back on kickoff return injures our player.
 

swe98

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2010
5,556
2,612
113
What I thought of EW's defense is true. It's been their competition. Both our first quarter drives were easy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MoDean
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  2. 02 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  3. 03 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  4. 04 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6
  5. 05 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 5