Suppressor Ruling

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkish

Junior
Aug 22, 2012
996
372
63
^^^^^
I'm with you. Wearing my ear protection when I'm shooting accomplishes the same if not better ear protection. When I have used a rifle or pistol hunting or self protection I have never really heard it. I guess if I was storming a stronghold with other guys it would make sense.
For one thing, these questions are immaterial to the problem at hand. I don’t see the appeal of 1000cc sport bikes but I support their responsible use and ownership. For a second thing, some find them to make shooting incredibly more enjoyable. For a third thing, I can’t use ear pro while hunting, so the suppressor allows me to hunt without worrying about hearing damage or having to wear unwanted ‘devices.’ In the world where packs of feral hogs needing eradication can show at any time, a suppressor on a trusty centerfire are truly amazing tools! Again, though, this is all window dressing. None of these reasons are necessary. That these hunks of metal are regulated the way they are is as asinine as some of the blue laws you still hear people make jokes about.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Recruiting "Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5