Summer Position Analysis: TU Special Teams

HuffyCane

Heisman
Dec 25, 2004
28,488
14,605
0
Good to see that we brought in more than one walk on for the kicking duties.

I spent the summer praying to the Lord for Him to provide for a few more sh&t kickers on the team.

I was thinking more sh$t kickers for the defense. We need our 2008 mean streak back.

Let’s hope He heard those prayers correctly and didn’t send us plain ol’ sh@t kickers for the placekicking.
 

TULOYAL

Junior
Aug 13, 2010
470
302
0
Please tell me Monty mis-spoke when he said he is considering T.K. Wilderson as a punt/kick returner. If not, let's change coaching before the season starts. I saw T.K. in the spring game warmups attempting to catch simple passes and I think I actually heard it sound like "klank" just prior to it hitting the ground.. Holy cow.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Larry Lewis_

TU_BLA

Heisman
Mar 8, 2012
29,770
13,981
113
I really like the idea of using a WR to hold on kicks. Getting a QB killed in those situations always seemed weird to me and using a punter with no athleticism seems to limit possible fakes and surprises.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Larry Lewis_
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa leaves Arkansas with plenty to fix before North Texas
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa offense sputters in loss at Arkansas
  4. 04 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 4 updates at Texas, Ole Miss, Florida & more
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa at Arkansas: History, Rivalry and Bad Blood