Stunning comeback US won 5-4

Aardvark86

All-Conference
Oct 12, 2021
2,501
3,517
113
The US received 3 mail-in goals to beat Belgium in WC round of 16. FIFA stated they found the extra 3 goals laying around in an office and they hadnt been counted before today.......
The first note I'd seen to this effect, which involved a reference to California, generated a half second snicker given my election law nerdiness. All well and good.

But as I thought about it, it occurred to me that it's not "that" funny, because soccer already has an arbitrary extra time feature, in the time that is added at the end of each half, the amount of which is known only to God and the guy holding the whistle. If the US couldn't put a few in those periods, we suck, since everybody else seems to win their games then.
 
Last edited:

RockyMtNole

Heisman
Jul 1, 2025
5,626
23,234
113
What was the context of that out of context quote?
Here you go. Do you think the context makes it better?


KOLVET: We've all been in the back of a plane when the turbulence hits or when you're flying through a storm and you're like, "I'm so glad I saw the guy with the right stuff and the square jaw get into the cockpit before we took off. And I feel better now, thinking about that."

KIRK: You wanna go thought crime? I'm sorry. If I see a Black pilot, I'm gonna be like, "Boy, I hope he's qualified."

KOLVET: But you wouldn't have done that before!

KIRK: That's not an immediate … that's not who I am. That's not what I believe.

NEFF: It is the reality the left has created.

KIRK: I want to be as blunt as possible because now I'm connecting two dots. Wait a second, this CEO just said that he's forcing that a white qualified guy is not gonna get the job. So I see this guy, he might be a nice person and I say, "Boy, I hope he's not a Harvard-style affirmative-action student that … landed half of his flight-simulator trials."

KOLVET: Such a good point. That's so fair.

KIRK: It also … creates unhealthy thinking patterns. I don't wanna think that way. And no one should, right? … And by the way, then you couple it with the FAA, air-traffic control, they got a bunch of morons and affirmative-action people.
 

JWolf74

All-American
Dec 17, 2022
2,455
7,709
113
We have to remember our history.

View attachment 1356737
 

fsu1jreed

Heisman
Apr 1, 2002
9,478
17,494
113
MFer was blasted to bits right in front of his wife. And her response was abandon her kids to do the political equivalent of a Taylor Swift tour.

And the day after at behest of the governor a company came in and covered forensic evidence....not sus at all
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: magaboy

HoggI74

All-American
Nov 27, 2015
3,074
5,284
113
Fitting. The USA pretty much mailed it in on the pitch as well...
 

Allornothing

Heisman
Dec 21, 2001
12,248
13,580
113
The US received 3 mail-in goals to beat Belgium in WC round of 16. FIFA stated they found the extra 3 goals laying around in an office and they hadnt been counted before today.......
We would have needed 4 to beat them. They beat our ***.
 
Tiger Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Offensive Line
  2. 02 Tiger Illustrated Football Dabo Swinney: Corian Gipson lost for the season, additional injury info, open date week prep for Clemson
  3. 03 Tiger Illustrated Football Here's what we know about Clemson's football team entering the open date
  4. 04 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting MONDAY INSIDER
  5. 05 Tiger Illustrated Football Right now Clemson Football is hard to watch