Stranger Things 3

00Dawg

Senior
Nov 10, 2009
3,313
572
93
Motorized Ultra Magnus for the win. I got a spot in the regional science fair at the Hump doing something similar with pieces of that toy.
 

Bulldogg31

Redshirt
Dec 9, 2013
8,263
0
0
I wonder if my parents got the same feeling watching Stand by Me or American Graffiti that I get watching Stanger Things? It’s like a perfect snapshot of my childhood.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,308
14,876
113
I like this show, but the trailer looks a lot like older kids with a different, but mostly the same monster in different, but not much, places.

I'll still binge it.
 

Bulldogg31

Redshirt
Dec 9, 2013
8,263
0
0
That feels more 1985 than 1985 ever did.

Growing up near Memphis, those Mall scenes take me right back to Mall of Memphis, hanging out near the ice rink wishing I could get a slice of Sbarro’s if only I hadn’t spent all my quarters playing Dirk the Daring or Pole Position.

Oh well, let’s just go to Chess King and check out the new parachute pants and that girl with the leg warmers that works at Camelot Music.
 
Last edited:

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,191
5,730
113
I like this show, but the trailer looks a lot like older kids with a different, but mostly the same monster in different, but not much, places.

I'll still binge it.

One of the creators made a comment in an interview about it being challenging to work the story line around the production time frame. Basically, said they would have preferred a story that followed sequential years, but that because of how they got renewed, and then production time, then the fact that the kids were at puberty age and having big time changes in appearances and voice, that they basically had to incorporate more down time in the story between each season than they'd like.
 

operch

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
360
9
18
I wonder if my parents got the same feeling watching Stand by Me or American Graffiti that I get watching Stanger Things? It’s like a perfect snapshot of my childhood.


The answer is yes. 76 in 2018 high school 61

American Graffiti as if I were there. Back to the Future, also. And when I was younger, To Kill a Mockingbird.
 

Bulldogg31

Redshirt
Dec 9, 2013
8,263
0
0
The answer is yes. 76 in 2018 high school 61

American Graffiti as if I were there. Back to the Future, also. And when I was younger, To Kill a Mockingbird.

That’s awesome. I love it when Hollywood nails a time period like that. Hoosiers probably had that feel for you as well?
 
Dec 26, 2016
1,627
513
113
Growing up near Memphis, those Mall scenes take me right back to Mall of Memphis, hanging out near the ice rink wishing I could get a slice of Sbarro’s if only I hadn’t spent all my quarters playing Dirk the Daring or Pole Position.

Oh well, let’s just go to Chess King and check out the new parachute pants and that girl with the leg warmers that works at Camelot Music.

More of a Merry-go-Round man myself.
 
Aug 22, 2012
912
0
0
I thought season 1 was lame

 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
  5. 05 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State